X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Terra Nullius

2) Soccer vs Football
    Australian Football predates Association Football. Fact.
    Go ahead and troll the Yanks all you like, but that dog won't hunt with me. I have no intention of wasting my time on this futile argument.

Why you don't call it Aussie Rules like every other denizen of this planet is beyond me, but for the purposes of this discussion we'll call it bouncy hand-melon so that everyone knows which sport we're talking about.
    Well congratulations to the Australians for getting their set of rules officially nailed to the door of Canberra cathedral before anyone else, but regardless of all this, football predates "Australia" itself, and even explorers setting out to visit the continent's original inhabitants. It has been played in various forms since the early medieval era so it is churlish to announce that BHM predates any kind of football.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
      But you're doing a really long-winded, and veering toward obnoxious, job of it.
      I'm sorry. The issue has been brewing for a while and there are several distinct issues to be discussed. I tried to state my case as succinctly as possible. Not everything in life can simply be reduced to a pithy one-liner and despite several attempts to explain myself, not one person seems to have understood what I am saying.

So I'll try again,..
      a) I regret that this thread simply does not work (at least not for me)
      b) I have an idea about how to make it better for next time.

Too long-winded? Or do you lot still not get it?

Now as to being "obnoxious" would you please explain yourself? Because I have no idea what you are talking about.
      I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
        I don't care. I really don't care. I don't friggin care. I couldn't give a rat's left testicle. It doesn't make any difference to me. I couldn't give a sh1t. It's bloody irrelevant. It makes no difference. I find your statement inconsequential. I don't fuggin care. I couldn't give a pair of fetid dingo's kidneys. I couldn't give a rat's. It concerns me not. I have no interest in the matter. I don't bleedin well care. I couldn't give a flying puck. It's a lot like Canada. It's as relevant as the Finnish Olympic squad. It flies like a Russian jet. It doesn't matter to me. I heed it not. I deem it unworthy of discussion. I reckon not upon the matter. I have no thought for it. I deliberate not thereon. I do not care. I do not care a whit, not a jot. I couldn't give a sponge's square pants. I DON'T CARE. OK?

It has been played in various forms since the early medieval era

QFT

The name is contentious. Right now, I'm concerned with the structural problems of this thread. Some people are so ignorant that they feel the need to go trolling about soccer vs football (see alva, corthaus, others). I have better things to do with my time.

The English call it football. I call it soccer. If you still don't know what friggin' game I'm talking about, pm me and I'll set you straight.

we'll call it bouncy hand-melon so that everyone knows which sport we're talking about.

Nice work denigrating minorities.
        But anyway I prefer 'Mexican Basketball.' It's more descriptive.

Calcio Threadi NOW!

Comment

• I. I stated as clearly and succintly as possible the problems with this thread from my point-of-view.
          And I'm trolling.

II. I proposed that we should have more soccer threads.
          Another clear troll.

III. I made a practical suggestion about how to improve things by creating dedicated tournament threads.
          The gall of it!

IV. I gave factual reasons explaining why the whole soccer vs. football debate is a crock.
          Somebody better report this post. It's totally outta control.

V. I agreed with Bauboi that psychological intimidation is inherent in any sport.
          ...TROLL!!1!

VI. I showed a callous disregard for forums rules by starting three!! whole!! threads!! over the course of three weeks.
          This guy needs a banning!

VII. I acknowledged that those threads mostly missed the mark.
          Bloody false humility!

VIII. I offered a solution for the future which would de-clutter the thread without spamming the whole forum - creating a human-interest/stories thread.
          How obnoxious.

In consequence:
          Colon states that my hockey thread should be deleted. When I ask "why?" he hasn't got the balls to back it up with anything.
          Reds4Ever wants to run home to Ming.
          Corthaus calls me a "complete cnut."
          Spiffor thinks I have an axe to grind.
          NYE says I'm being obnoxious.
          Even the urbane and forbearing duke o'york wants to chime in on the silly bloody nomenclature issue.

Now if any of you care to address the points I have made, by all means do so. Otherwise go plant your heads back up your collective arses and I'll see you all in four years' time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terra Nullius
            'World Football' is a misleading and innacurate thread title
            Hint:
            If it has to be explained four separate times your title might possibly be considered "inaccurate and misleading." :vindicated:

Notwithstanding:
            Thank you all for taking the time to explain this.

If it works for you guys, fine. Go with it. But you're all focussing on minor details and ignoring the other significant issues I mentioned.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            As for not being accessable to everyone, well, that may be true
            ... Combining it one allowed people to have conversations about some topic ...
            Understood.

I also understand that the mods don't want fifteen different soccer threads running at one time. But isn't there some scope for separating it out a bit now? For example, when there is a major international tournament going on.

I not a big soccer fan and I appreciate that some people have a detailed knowledge of the topic which I simply do not possess. I'm not going to follow the thread constantly, but it would be nice to drop in and talk about the sport from time to time without having to go through 17 new pages every time.

If there is no support for the concept fair enough, but is there not some potential to serve the community better by finding a middle ground?

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Terra, you are an idiot

Oh Immy! That is soo not Breaking News

Comment

• Terra Nullius: shut the **** up.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• New thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=154698
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• You're like a boy I knew in school.

Every time I had something to say. He'd wait until I finished everything I had to say, then tell me to shut the f*** up!

True Courage

So are you going to answer my question?
                    Why do you belive my thread should have been deleted?

Or are you still trying to grow a pair?

Comment

• You remind me of a boy I knew in school too. I punched him for not shutting the **** up.

Comment

Working...
                      X