Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So have you ever participated in, or personally witnessed election fraud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the last two federal elections i have received an extra elector card at my place, in the name of a woman who used to live here years ago. Considering the amount of checking being done at the voting station i'm fairly confident that i could have handed that card to any woman i know and she could have used it.

But i didn't.
    What?

Comment

So we all agree Richelieu and Ecthy are the greatest democrats that have ever lived

Comment

I know a guy who in law school was registered to vote in both our town and his home town, and he did at each location. He even testified in front of the state senate about how easy it was to get around the election laws for students. Though I think that was a hasty retreat after he bragged to the wrong person...

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen

I am from New York and our town is unbelivably democratic... I don't think a Republican has ever won an election here in my life time, for any position.
          You mean like Giuliani or Bloomberg?

Comment

He might be speaking specifically about his district, whatever that is.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

In Chicago... it would be harder to find a person who hasn't participated in, or personally witnessed election fraud than one that has

Remember... Vote Early, and Vote Often!
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Chicago is like the Philippines without tropical breezes.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

It snows in the Philippines?!?

Comment

Sure!...

Comment

Re: So have you ever participated in, or personally witnessed election fraud?

So I have now thwarted election fraud and witnessed it.

No you haven't. Both the local officals and the representitives of the local GOP will make sure (the latter damned sure) that no duplicate signatures are allowed. It does not void the entire petition.

And besides, why should he take your word for it? Maybe you're a GOP jerk (but I'm repeating myself), trying to scare him off getting signatures.

While I have not knowingly witnessed election fraud, a friend of mine was canvassing for a Democrat who was not part of Mayor Daley's machine. While he was walking his rounds, he got jumped and beaten by a group of people who told him this is what happens when you go against the machine.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

There's a chance I did, but we'll nver know.

A few years ago, I voted using one of those electronic computerized machines. It was very easy to use

but after I left, I got to thinking:
                        (a) I was assuming that the computer I voted into was correctly programed and correctly operating;
                        (b) that the transmittal from the voting computer to the centralized computer would work correctly; and
                        (c) the central computer was properly programmed and was operating correctly in order to accurately tablulate votes.

That's way too much trust to put into a voting system

Voter fraud would be a breeeeeeeeze...
                        ...and would be virtually undetectable.

Comment

If you lived in Riverside, you did.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                            Remember... Vote Early, and Vote Often!
                            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                            2004 Presidential Candidate
                            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Re: Re: So have you ever participated in, or personally witnessed election fraud?

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              So I have now thwarted election fraud and witnessed it.

No you haven't. Both the local officals and the representitives of the local GOP will make sure (the latter damned sure) that no duplicate signatures are allowed. It does not void the entire petition.

And besides, why should he take your word for it? Maybe you're a GOP jerk (but I'm repeating myself), trying to scare him off getting signatures.

While I have not knowingly witnessed election fraud, a friend of mine was canvassing for a Democrat who was not part of Mayor Daley's machine. While he was walking his rounds, he got jumped and beaten by a group of people who told him this is what happens when you go against the machine.
                              Che, I think your bias is getting mean.

Comment

After moving to Elliot Lake I was able to register to vote in that riding without providing any identification at all. I believe I may of still been registered to vote in the riding of my previous residence, aswell.
                                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X