Letour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letour

Equipe should have been concentrating on current events instead of trying to get Lance Amrstrong on pre 1996 charges. All the top finishers from last year are gone before it even begins. Does this prove the cynics or does this provide new hope for clean racing?
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Both, but more of the former than the latter. Performance enhancing technology will probably continue to outpace detection.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

This year will be an absolute non-event with the suspension of the two favourites.

Comment

It was amazing how many top racers and how many teams were implicated.

I am still following the Tour though. But it sucks so bad since I wanted to see Basso and Ullrich going head to head

I will be very interested to see how all thease allegations come out
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
          This year will be an absolute non-event with the suspension of the two favourites.
          On the contrary. With a more level playing field the fight will be more fierce. I hope anyway.

Not sure what to think about the whole thing. It has its good and bad sides. If they all turn out to be guilty it was clearly a good decision to exclude them, but if they turn out to be innocent, what then? It might have all gone a bit too far. And have any names of non-cyclists been released yet?

And I'm a bit of a Vino fan so I didn't like it when I heard he was out.

But Tom Boonen has the yellow jersey now, so everything is okay.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
          X