No announcement yet.

Ken Lay dies of a heart attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Sikander, we have this thing... innocent until proven guilty, I think it is.

Comment

Um... he WAS found guilty guys. The sentencing was all that was left. All Sikander was wishing was that the sentencing take place right after the verdict is handed down.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It's the same principle.

Comment

No it isn't!

He was PROVEN GUILTY.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

It's all layed out in this article in the NYTimes:

And what the hell are these scum doing loose for so many months before sentencing? They should be locked up immediately like the criminal scum that they are.
            They'd made bond, and their sentencing can be stayed by filing an appeal. But of course, if they were average working stiffs, they'd be locked up immediately.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Covered pretty well this evening in News Hour with Jim Lehrer. His record will not reflect any conviction. No restitution accrues from any crminal proceeding towards his estate.

OTOH his estate is bankrupt supposedly with $9.5 millionin assets balanced by $9.5 million in liabilities.

His beneficiary/wife will get $10 million in life insurance which apparently is not subject to any liens or claims.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

HE WAS CONVICTED JUST NOT SENTENCED! How the HELL does his death have an effect on his record?

This actually does make me suspicious he is not really dead that it could of been faked..... and don't look at me crazy, captains of industry are currently involved in a # of conspiracies to #### the American public with the help of the Republicans, we just see this as "normal corruption" when really it is an active conspiracy on the part of those involved....

Could he be alive?

Comment

This actually does make me suspicious he is not really dead that it could of been faked

That's because you're a moron.

Comment

I thought it was moran?
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'm a moron because the same person who was able to hatch a plot which spanned a decade and commited grand, grand, grand, grand larceny, who has high level connections to the most powerful men in the country and the world, I am a moron because it is implausible this man could fake his own death?

Edit: Amoung his other accomplishments is manipulation of the stock market, setting the "energy policy" for the goverment, helping to install our current president and helping to organize price fixing in the oil industry.

I would say anyone who says that it is impossible, is in fact the moron. If anyone could do it, he could.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

They'd made bond, and their sentencing can be stayed by filing an appeal. But of course, if they were average working stiffs, they'd be locked up immediately.
                        Yea, that's my point. People facing this sort of jail time usually aren't allowed to hang out in Aspen for months awaiting sentencing.
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Why the long wait for sentencing? Does it take the judge that long to decide on a punishment?
                          LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

It's uncannily like hearing that Bushbaby's had a brain haemorrhage....

Or Nicole Ritchie an eating disorder.
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                            X