No announcement yet.

Ken Lay dies of a heart attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I believed in God, I'd believe... God got tired of waiting for us to sentence him . In reality, probably the stress of knowing he was finished and would probably go down in history as an emblematic figure of corporate corruption prolly brought him down.
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

He's not dead. He faked his death to escape his punishment. He lives in Mexico now.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

He escaping the death tax this way too.

If he'd lingered on a few more years the estate tax would have returned to it's pre-bush administration levels.

Comment

Would the sentencing have possibly included a fine or just jail time. If the judge could also have demanded a fine be paid, can he get into Lay's estate before it gets divided up by his will?
          LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Good question

If he'd already been sentenced, certainly it'd have come out of the estate. Not having been sentenced, though ... not sure if you can be sentenced after death

If the judge rules any part of the estate to be ill-gotten gains, so to speak, that part would presumably be recovered; not sure if that can be done via the criminal case though (as opposed to a civil action against the estate).
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Hmm... so if say somebody was about to be sentenced, and commited suicide, his families rights to the estate would be protected?

How about that.

Comment

This is kind of like Milosevic.

Comment

His estate's a non-issue. His death doesn't affect the status of any of the civil suits against him and others involved in the Enron mess. Between lawyers and litigants and asset forfeitures to the government, there won't be much to divide.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

He faked his death and has gone into exile.

Damn, DaShi beat me too it.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

So did VetLegion

Comment

OMG, THEY KILLED KENNY, THOSE BASTARDS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                          He's not dead. He faked his death to escape his punishment. He lives in Mexico now.
                          I know Jack Bauer. He is a good man. Ken Lay is no Jack Bauer.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Hell, Ken Lay isn't even Ryan ****ing Chappelle.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                              His estate's a non-issue. His death doesn't affect the status of any of the civil suits against him and others involved in the Enron mess. Between lawyers and litigants and asset forfeitures to the government, there won't be much to divide.
                              It's all layed out in this article in the NYTimes:

And what the hell are these scum doing loose for so many months before sentencing? They should be locked up immediately like the criminal scum that they are.
                              He's got the Midas touch.
                              But he touched it too much!
                              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Well technically Mr. Lay is innocent

Comment

Working...
                                X