25% Polish
    25% German
    18.75% Jewish
    12.50% Ukrainian
    =
    231.25% Awesome
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I'm 3/8 German, 1/4 British, 1/8 Dutch, 1/8 Slovak, and 1/8 Magyar.

I've found one of my ancestral German villages (a tiny village named Bittingen next to the Möhnesee on the northern edge of the Sauerland in Nordrhein-Westfalen), and I know where my Slovak ancestor originated (Papradno, in the Northwestern most corner of Slovakia), as well as my Magyar ancestor (Budapest).
      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
        I'm English, Welsh, Scotch-Irish, Irish, at least two strains of American Indian and a dash of French for flavor.
        Cousin!
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I'm white.

Quite.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

3/4 Norwegian
            1/4 Low German

My paternal great grandfather Andrei (later Aglicized to Andrew) was the son of a Bergen fisherman. He and is new wife Anna settled on a farmstead near Lake Park, MN (about 30 miles east of Fargo) in 1901. They had 15 kids (but 5 died before thier first birthday because of disease, mainly TB )

All I know about my German ancestors is that that my Mom's grandfather was from Hamburg.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

There is no way for you to find out?
              It appears from your story that it would cost me cash.

That would offend my Scottish grandmother.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                100% Latvian
                50% Russian
                25% Polish
                25% German
                18.75% Jewish
                12.50% Ukrainian
                =
                231.25% Awesome

Not sure I buy the "awesome" part.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

It appears from your story that it would cost me cash.

That would offend my Scottish grandmother.

Don't be such a wuss -- stand up to your grandmother!

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                    3/4 Norwegian
                    1/4 Low German

My paternal great grandfather Andrei (later Aglicized to Andrew) was the son of a Bergen fisherman. He and is new wife Anna settled on a farmstead near Lake Park, MN (about 30 miles east of Fargo) in 1901. They had 15 kids (but 5 died before thier first birthday because of disease, mainly TB )

All I know about my German ancestors is that that my Mom's grandfather was from Hamburg.

"only" 15?

Comment

7/8 Irish
                      1/8 Cherokee
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Don't be such a wuss -- stand up to your grandmother!
                        You don't stand up to a woman like that unless you want to get knocked down.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

You don't stand up to a woman like that unless you want to get knocked down.

Comment

You've obviously never dealt with a Scottish grandmother before. She sounds fairly tame as they go.

The ones from Glasgow stab you then ask how your day was.
                            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I can trace ancestors back to Denmark, Germany, Austria and Ireland but there's a lot of other stuff thrown in. One side of my family claims they came over on the Mayflower - more of an exaggeration than an actual claim. The other side claimed some Native American ancestry mixed in.

I heard one of my grandmothers was still in contact with her Danish relatives but apparently that faded away. We can trace back to the Irish guy who came over. My great-grandfather was a small child when they came over from Germany. The relative from Austria was a small girl when she was sent to America to live with family - something about the house burning down. I don't have any information on who I might be related to in the old countries.
                              I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                              New faces...Strange places,
                              Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                              -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Can't go too far back in my family.
                                50% Italian
                                25% German
                                25% Irish.

So when I got married I asked my wife to see how thin it was going to be sliced for our children and her answer surprised me.

50% Italian
                                25% German
                                25% Irish.

Quite the coincidence.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X