Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now our soldiers are raping Iraqi women, too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoOmaga,
    Yep, the rest of us in NATO might have witnessed the Yanks in action- returning from an exercise in Germany to the joint US/UK signals base in Belgium at 4am, I had to tell the US bloke who was sweeping a polished corridor to piss off so we could sleep as it was 5am and he was using the wrong type of kit for a corridor anyway.

Lets face it, working with the Yanks could only improve from then on. That was in the 1980's, now they actually have a decent army. they just need one single officer to tell the president to **** off.

Toby

Oops, sorry, the soldier was ****-faced on drugs to all my message didn't make clear- I don't want that man looking after my back in a war.
    Last edited by Toby Rowe; July 7, 2006, 23:38.

Comment

Oerdin,

I was talking about how US Politicians not only interfere with the US Army trying to do a job, but how they have effected the physche of the US Army- "We're here, we're here to kill" type attitude, born out of media-friendly and "God I love America" type attitude.

The US Army was shoved into Iraq by politicians, did an excellent job in the short war, but then realised it was back to a Vietnam situation because the politicans didn't allow a "hearts and minds" campaign after, never mind giving the US Army the tools to achieve that role. (Administrators, Engineers and teachers within the Army- where are/were they?)

The British Army is now too tiny (102,000-ish full strength, currently at about 94,000 *) to perform these jobs so dialogue was the only option for those blokes. Bush on the deck of an aircraft Carrier declaring the war was over (in the sea, not on the ground) early on meant the Army was going to ****-up doing the Presidents bidding to me.

Try looking at how the 'Malayan Insurgency' was dealt with in the 1950's or the re-building of Germany by the British Government and Army: setting up the constitution, and rashioning bread in Winter 1946 in Britain (for the first time during the 1939-45 war) in order to stop Germans starving and people dying, thus preventing rioting or turning from neutral to hostile to us Allies within the Military Government.

The US military has been hijacked by her government for the first time ever- It's so clear the US Military commanders were given neither time nor tools to prepare for after the war. "The Bush" wanted action, right now......

Thatcher in the UK began the same process with our tiny Armed Forces (The Falklands War), I bloody hope Blair was the last time politicians demand and instead ask what's possible......

Toby (over)

* Not quite, In the merging of the Scottish regiments in a paper exercise (as they can't get enough recruits), they have destroyed the ethos of the competition betwix the Scot's regiments, and between the English, Scottish and Welsh regiments; thus brilliantly managing to ensure recruitment will get even lower whilst lowering the morale of all regiments within the British Army all in one fell swoop- like I said, politicans aren't soldiers.
      Last edited by Toby Rowe; October 8, 2006, 22:59.

Comment

O my.. My!

3 month after... The Great Coming Back of the Forgetten thread
        bleh

Comment

Heh!

Entirely my fault- I eventually reply to the notifications I actually tagged, but then only see my post and replies to it, (about 1 month later usually!)

So in a nutshell, I don't go to the board to see what what people are writing about, I just reply within a post by the email link, I hope that's not arrogant, it's just how it's been.

Paradox of Sweden ran/(still runs?) an excellent off-topic area as did a fan site of Patrician II by Ascaron of Germany. I simply don't peruse the net like I used to anymore.

Nationalities meeting and arguing? What more do we want from the net?! Exchange of idea's?- priceless!

(100% to Mastercard for use of that word since they've given us lot joke emails full of photo's ever since)

Toby

Comment

Odin, I just heard a Democrat raped a woman. OMG! What are they doing now?

Comment

Its so sad - this war has become an ideological hook for the Republican Party in the United States that it seems to think it must support absolutely every aspect, including murder and rape.

Moral superiority
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Now our soldiers are raping Iraqi women, too?

It's an outrage. As if raping the men weren't bad enough.

Comment

Don't let go!!1 If we admit that US soldiers raping people in Iraq is wrong, the terrorists win!!%5

Comment

Good to see you lot can mock it all, but is another Bush likely to get in at your next election?

I hope not, or will tons of money from companies ensure the media coverage elects another Bush?

Toby

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                      I think that settles it. When you willingly declare war, you willingly declare massacres and rapes of the innocent. Comes with the package.

All those who supported starting the war in Iraq share a part of the blame.

QFAsinine, unless you are willing to "take the blame" for the massacres and rapes committed under the two-bit dictators and ethnic cleansers when you decide to do nothing.

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                      Its so sad - this war has become an ideological hook for the Republican Party in the United States that it seems to think it must support absolutely every aspect, including murder and rape.

Moral superiority

Compare the crime rate of the 100k American soldiers in Iraq to 100k of your average male population of similar demographics and then get back to us with your whiney-arsed "moral superiority."
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Toby's accidental thread necromancy:

Comment

Compare the crime rate of the 100k American soldiers in Iraq to 100k of your average male population of similar demographics and then get back to us with your whiney-arsed "moral superiority."

I'm sorry, why is it an all-or-nothing proposition? Why can't we just condemn rape as being a generally morally negative thing regardless of where it takes place? It is entirely possible to support this war and support those who fight it while also condemning such war crimes in the harshest possible terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Rowe
                            Good to see you lot can mock it all, but is another Bush likely to get in at your next election?

I hope not, or will tons of money from companies ensure the media coverage elects another Bush?

Toby
                            Controlling the media definitely gives you a great advantage.

Look at how well Berlusconi did in Italy, despite the italian population knew how corrupt he was after his first legislation period.
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

I'm sorry, why is it an all-or-nothing proposition? Why can't we just condemn rape as being a generally morally negative thing regardless of where it takes place? It is entirely possible to support this war and support those who fight it while also condemning such war crimes in the harshest possible terms.

You said Republicans support rape, which is an entirely different thing. And yes, as long as there are human beings involved it is a matter of statistics. You may try to weed out the bad, but a small percentage will slip through.
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow

I tried to do this, but I guess the numbers for the average male population of similar demographics committing war crimes in Iraq are very small because I couldn't find any such statistics.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X