Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now our soldiers are raping Iraqi women, too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will piss off the people we are supposedly helping.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

besides any overblowing of such event to a mass media frenzy?
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

If this comes out to be true, critics of US war in Iraq will be able to write "...invaded Iraq, where they tortured, murdered and raped civillians...", and unfortunately, back all three claims with evidence.

Comment

It's not the media frenzy that's the problem. It's the that many extra suicide bombers.

Besides, we hold ourselves to a higher standard.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

There's rapes in wars? No way..

Unless there's 'significant' amount, meaning more than few single incidents separated from each other, I wouldn't worry, because it's normal.

Normal as in.. blah. It's trivial.

However, if there's a pattern or say, attempts to throw a blanket over these cases, I would worry.

but sure, yeah.. the ones captured.. should suffer the consequences. It's not just raping a person which is bad enough. It's also bad image, that will lead into more fighting spirit for the enemy and undoubtelty more killings.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

It's not the media frenzy that's the problem. It's the that many extra suicide bombers.

Sucide bombers can't change US politics, media frenzy on the other hand, with time...

Comment

VetLegion, oh really? Suicide bombings have already changed US politics, or at least this can be claimed and backed up.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

You're right, I retract that.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

Sucide bombers can't change US politics, media frenzy on the other hand, with time...
                    You know so little about us. As long as the bombings continue, it makes it seem like we aren't making any progress. My people only tolerate wars as long as it seems like we're making progress. If it seems like our boys are dying for no good reason, we want out.

It's pathetic and unprincipled, but that's the way we are.

Comment

It's the that many extra suicide bombers.

A lack of suicide bombers never was the problem with carrying out suicide attacks.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

I note it was a fellow soldier who turned them in and that they were promptly arrested.
                        Last edited by Dinner; June 30, 2006, 19:34.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

OK, but considering most Americans

1) still can't point Iraq on the map
                          2) thought Saddam and Osama were in bed together

I think I can conclude that most people don't really get deep into analysing the situation?

It's mostly information snippets that go around and that affect what people think. If "raping Iraqi women" is spun enough times it could affect attitudes even of people who don't know where Iraq is. That's my line of thought.

Comment

Originally posted by NeOmega

The story is alluding that perhaps two of them were captured by insurgents, tortured and beheaded.
                            However, it wasn't clear, atleast to me, if that was cause or effect. Were they beheaded as reprisal for rape, or beheaded just for the sake of beheading, or was the rape and subsequent murders reprisal for the beheadings.
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

BTW Beiji was a right nasty little town complete with an open sewer in the streets.

I still hope those a-holes hang.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

"The official said the mutilation of the slain soldiers stirred feelings of guilt and led at least one of them to reveal the rape-slaying on June 22."

The slain came after.
                                bleh

Comment

Working...
                                X