The Ultimate Keyboard: Ambient backlighting, proximity sensor, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP
    It's mood lighting for all the people typing one handed.
    I don't want to know what they do with the other.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Wow... UR. You're so subtle
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah, if he hadn't pointed that out, I wouldn't have gotten it at all

Comment

no no, this is the ultimate keyboard:

The keys are actually miniature LEDs that display an icon of the current function.

Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

That's not half bad $500 or something probably though
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              Sometimes you type one handed.
              The hunt and pecker method.

He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Wait no numpad and moved arrow keys? What good is it then
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

I do look where I type occasionally to double check where I am. I'll type sentence or two without looking back, but will do the occasional look back on my keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley

The keys are actually miniature LEDs that display an icon of the current function.

http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/
                    Wow, that´s great
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

looks cool. The video presentation on the website looked like something from The Apprentice (not a good thing)

Comment

actually I just want a keyboard with backlighting. I don't care about wireless or any of that crap.

Are these available?

I like to play games in the dark (that sounds kind of naughty, but it isn't). But it's hard to see the keyboard. But if I turn on the light, it ruins the immersion. Esp in rpg's in dark dungeons.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley

http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

More impressive (this is the same keyboard for all three shots with, I guess, a changed program):

Normal:

Cyrillic:

Quake ( ):

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

That ****in' rocks!
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That's a damn good keyboard

What's the price?

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                                That's a damn good keyboard

What's the price?
                                It'll be released later this year (hopefully), so they haven't got a price up yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X