Putin orders forces to "destroy" hostage killers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putin orders forces to "destroy" hostage killers

MOSCOW - President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday ordered Russia’s special services to hunt down and “destroy” the killers of four Russian diplomats in Iraq, the Kremlin said.

Nikolai Patrushev, the head of the Federal Security Service — the main successor to the Soviet KGB — later said that everything would be done to ensure that the killers “do not escape from responsibility,” the Interfax news agency reported.

“The president has ordered the special forces to take all necessary measures to find and destroy the criminals who killed Russian diplomats in Iraq,” the Kremlin press service said in a brief statement.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

So how long until the US hands off the occupation to Russian forces?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm just wondering if we'll see a repeat of the Lebanon incident.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

D-E-S-T-R-O-Y!
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

That man is tough on crime. You can't say he isn't. Well at least this type of crime. Pretty tough.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Well, he's tough on crime he doesn't control.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Who do you expect to be tough on it? It does affect him. About time someone showed some balls.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Way to miss the poi t, Slowwhand. Putin is just another gangster.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Who do you expect to be tough on it? It does affect him. About time someone showed some balls.
                  He'll definitely be "showing some balls" if we see a repeat of the Soviet Union's experience in Lebanon in the 1980s.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Russia has not been too involved. Kind of like France. I stand by my statement. he does need to become involved.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What exactly is Russia going to do? Is it going to send its own investigators to Iraq to track down the group that executed its embassy employees? Will the Iraqi government and the US comply with their demands? Is this going to become an odd sort of replay on 1914?
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I guess I am a still a little bit cold war mentality...it makes me nervous when Russians start destroying things...
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
                          I'm just wondering if we'll see a repeat of the Lebanon incident.
                          The Soviets did a good job of dealing with terrorists. When the Lebanonese took Soviet hostages the KGB figured out who the terrorists were, kidnapped their family members, then mailed the terrorists one ear from each of the terrorists family members.

That really is the best way to deal with hostage takers.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

What weird internet site did you get that information from?

Comment

That was a common story back in the 80's.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X