Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lancer
    People with 3+ bathrooms?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Uh.. and alcohol is any different?
      Don't know..never been addicted to alcohol. I have been to cigs. I am not trying to speak to anything other than smoking.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO

I actually read a study several years ago that smoking stimulated centers of the brain that increased mathematical thinking for up to 20 minutes.
        Paid for by Philip Morris?
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Paid for by Philip Morris?
          Haha! probably. I don't remember. Of course, that was in my rationalization period.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

The relaxation comes from the temporary relief of withdrawl symptoms.
            I call bullshit. This only applies to addicts and you know it.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              For what? If you want to transport stuff rent a U-Haul or a pickup.
              Dammit, I can't find the photo of that Representative with about 20 kids

Comment

• If you buy a carton and give away one pack, how many packs remain? How many cigarettes?

If you bum 8 cigs in a day, pick up one half smoked from the ground and smoke 2 and half of the one you half smoked, how many cigs remain?

You buy a 25 pack of Marlboros and a normal pack of Winstons, how many cigs do you have?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                  However, the owners of these clubs and bars are having their freedom infringed. Smoking is not illegal (at least not yet)...
                  Banning smoking in these areas is no different from requiring the owners to follow relevant fire prevention regulations or to provide good hygiene.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871

Maybe you're right. I can't recall not being an addict, except since I quit. I started in my teens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      Dammit, I can't find the photo of that Representative with about 20 kids
                      Easy answer... get a ****ing bus .

[q=Lancer]If you buy a carton and give away one pack, how many packs remain? How many cigarettes?[/q]

First you have to tell me how many packs in a carton and how many cigarettes per carton. I know I opened cartons when I was at CVS (was it 10 packs per carton?), but I've never smoked a cigarette in my life.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        Being fat, however, is an imposition upon others. We take up more space in planes and elevators.
                        A lot of things we do is an imposition upon others (such as farting or having bad breath), though these don't cause damage to the cells in another person's body. Okay, most of them don't.

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        The results of drinking can harm others, as most non-white collar crimes are committed under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
                        Yes, but only indirectly. Drinking does not directly cause harm, except to the drinker.
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

• That's the point Imran, you fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871
                            Aren't most if not all smokers addicts? Seeing that nicotine is probably the most addictive substance, and a lot of smokers have problems quitting.

Comment

• Nicotine, most addictive? You have obviously never heard of crack?

And I do know social smokers, or smokers who only smoke when they drink, so yeah, I think you are generalizing a great deal.

Comment

• You fail because the math test which smokers do 20% better at, which I speculate is given by Phillip Morris, is about how many cigs remain... You don't smoke, don't know how many cigs in a pack, and so fail. Smokers do better on the test because their 'math abilities' increase.

Comment

Working...
                                X