We need an amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vesayen
    I have given alot of thought latley to leaving America... except where would I go which is much better off?
    I hear Afghanistan is very pleasant with its immigrants
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
      It passed the house. It failed to pass congress by a SINGLE VOTE.

Democracy is dead.
      Oh no, it's quite alive and well. Unfortunately, a large portion of the electorate is made up of idiots .

It's disturbing how the Republicans can take crap like this and use it to cover up for the fact that they're doing NOTHING USEFUL. Between the crap they're trying to pull to appeal to their base and the crap they're trying to pull because of the "war" on terror, I really wouldn't be surprised if in fifty years the US would become a police state.

Um... what are they going to do? I dunno, put people who burn the flag in jail perhaps?
      I'd have considered burning one if the amendment had passed in Congress. Would have had to do it quick before the states passed it too though.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Re: We need an amendment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        They're ****ing tools that do nothing but let the politicians distract the electorate from the fact that CONGRESS SUCKS.
        yes
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I agree with Sava
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            55% of the American public favor an amendment protecting the flag.
            That proves that 55% of the American public are complete asshats.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              I've never burnt a flag.
              I drove over one in my car yesterday. Portugal I think it was...
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

I drove over one in my car yesterday. Portugal I think it was...
                Probably from some guy who was deported so fast, he didn't have time to take his stupid car flag.
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I almost hit one of the ***wipes behaving as twelve year olds. His flag fell of the car and he decided to retrieve it off the very busy road....
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

That proves that 55% of the American public are complete asshats.
                    But we've long known that at least 80% are...

Comment

I've never burned a flag, nor have I ever really thought about doing it.

Telling me I can't, however... that might just inspire me to get a flag, some lighter fluid and a lighter

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

bah! you're to lazy to do all that
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Prolly.

I already have the lighter fluid & lighter. I'd have to buy a flag, though. Meh, waste of good money.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

yeah, lighter fluid is expensive
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                              bah! you're to lazy to do all that
                              Curses, you have found the one weakness in our plans to desecrate the American flag!
                              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                              X