World Football Thread XII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Here is hoping for a Germany-France final. Maybe we can refer to it as "World War III" .
    I know you're kidding but in all honesty, I'm quite fed up with anything involving Germans being refered to with anything to do with any World War.
    Be it helmets, tabloids and whatnot...
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• I remember the war laddie - the enemy had some terrible tabloids at their disposal!

I think it will be a Germany - France final, and that the Germans will win it.

Comment

• Originally posted by alva

I know you're kidding but in all honesty, I'm quite fed up with anything involving Germans being refered to with anything to do with any World War.
        Be it helmets, tabloids and whatnot...
        QFT
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• The fact that it bores the Germans and French makes it even more desirable
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Alva is belgian iirc though

Comment

• Yeah, but he's a wanna be German
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• STFU, chickenhawk
                "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
                  Yeah, what happened to Davout?
                  I am enjoying real life ; even taking care of family problems could be a pleasant thing when its members are no longer worried by your health. I have also been busy in organising my library, although my friends claim that using the world “organizing” to describe what I am doing with my books should be forbidden or at least not used before youths. I have also recorded all my CDs and some of my vinyls in my computer, and again my chidren and friends are joking with my sophisticated classification of composers, directors, orchestras, virtuoses, singers, and musical categories. Converting vinyls to numerical music takes time.
                  All this does not prevent me from visiting Apolyton frequently, but either I am more modest than ever or I do not see many threads where I could interestingly contribute.
                  I therefore leave to Spiffor all the responsibility to represent the French, which includes me, that is a fellow countryman who is not a leftist. Clearly this is only possible because Spiffor is an honest guy.
                  Statistical anomaly.
                  The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Here is hoping for a Germany-France final. Maybe we can refer to it as "World War III" .
                    France will lose to Germany 2:1 in the final. That, indeed will be a real warfare

Comment

• I demand 50pts for this prediction!!!
                      I hope my crystall ball is not broken.

Comment

• Who are we to judge which of your balls is broken?

Comment

• Anyone, but ball breakers, since my balls are fine.

Btw, speaking about crystal balls:

One may call that cheating, I call that a German aproach.

Comment

Yeah, but he's a wanna be German
                            Dude...you have no idea how predictable that clever retort is. I had even written it down and was about to include it in, in my previous post but gave you the benefit of the doubt and deleted it.

I should have known, that after all being said, you are an American after all.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

• Originally posted by DAVOUT

All this does not prevent me from visiting Apolyton frequently, but either I am more modest than ever or I do not see many threads where I could interestingly contribute.
                              Good to hear things are working, mon pote.

Don't be a stranger, we need good input on this board...oh dear lord, how we need it...

Comment

No, that would have been an England-Germany final. The French will just surrender in 90 minutes... the English fans
                                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                                X