Things to do in the S.F. Bay Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do in the S.F. Bay Area?

I'm currently in the East Bay Area on a business trip and now I must find something to do over the weekend since I'll have some time off. Any suggestions? I spent a week actually in S.F. last month so I've already done everything there is to do in the city plus I'm going to be going to Napa with some friends over the 4th of July weekend so I can't do that this weekend either. Can anyone think of anything else worth doing in the East Bay (I'm in Concord)? I suppose a trip to Berkley would be fun but I'm hoping someone has some ideas.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Concord is boring. You're screwed.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

I like nature so I was thinking about going to Mount Lassen National Volcanic Monument but I'm loath to go inland since lately the central valley has been hotter then a monkey's butt crack.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
        Concord is boring. You're screwed.
        [Que the dramatic music]
        "NOOOOOOOOooooooooo..."
        [/dramatic music]

Comment

Oakland is playing SF at Pac Bell. Might be hard to get tickets, but worth the try. If not head up the Embarcadero to Gordon Beirsch and watch it there. If you have time grab at bite a House of Nanking in China town, it's cheap but awesome.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Mid-penninsula Open Space District has some very nice hiking above Los Altos and Palo Alto.

Another option would be to just take the drive from Sand Fran to Santa Cruz on the 1, through Pacifica and Half Moon Bay. Stop and watch the surf, hike, hit up the Boardwalk. Shawdowbrook in Capitola is an awesome, but pricey, restaurant.

Or head down to Monterey. Roys on Pebble Beach is nice for Lunch. Hit up Qaj the Fuzzy Worm (or whatever) for lunch!
            Monkey!!!

Comment

This is a place I have allways wanted to visit

I would want to ride the Trolley up and down the street

Alcatraz

The city in General

I have allways marvelled at the layout

Hope you have a good time their and have fun

Nature would be cool as well, but as far as being around a Hot Monkeys Butt Crack.. I am gonna have to defer a Big No for now
              Attached Files
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Hmm, I guess I've never been to a Giants game so that might be fun to check out. I assume the stadium is right off of a BART line so I won't have to pay $20 to park my car? If I go to SF this weekend then I will make sure to hit up the House of Nanking in Chinatown.

BTW Why do they still call it Pac Bell Park when Pac Bell got bought out by Southern Bell and no longer exists?

Comment

Mid-penninsula Open Space District has some very nice hiking above Los Altos and Palo Alto.

Another option would be to just take the drive from Sand Fran to Santa Cruz on the 1, through Pacifica and Half Moon Bay. Stop and watch the surf, hike, hit up the Boardwalk. Shawdowbrook in Capitola is an awesome, but pricey, restaurant.

Or head down to Monterey. Roys on Pebble Beach is nice for Lunch. Hit up Qaj the Fuzzy Worm (or whatever) for lunch!
                  Actually, driving down the coast might be fun. An old college friend of mine bought a house near half moon bay so I could stop in and say hi to him. It migh be nice to see the love worm too.

Comment

Hmm, I guess I've never been to a Giants game so that might be fun to check out. I assume the stadium is right off of a BART line so I won't have to pay $20 to park my car? If I go to SF this weekend then I will make sure to hit up the House of Nanking in Chinatown.

BTW Why do they still call it Pac Bell Park when Pac Bell got bought out by Southern Bell and no longer exists?
                    'Cause were old skool

Other option: Get pchang to take you to Marine World in Valejo or Great America in San Jose!

Just so you know, Pac Bell is not OFF the Bart, bad planning huh? They run extra Metro from the Bart to the stadium during the game. It is, however off Cal-Train, which is nowhere near BART. Still, I'd take BART and either hoof it or take the Metro over. House of Nanking ain't far from Union Square.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

I understand sodomy is popular up therte this time of year.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

it's popular all the time
                        hence your conception, Lonestar
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

it's popular all the time
                          hence your conception, Lonestar
                          My mother already told me I was the result of a bottle of Jose Cuervo on a Sunday afternoon.
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
                            I understand sodomy is popular up therte this time of year.
                            Ya had to go there didnt ya

Nice clean family-fun type of thread about a clean cut American Boy going to San Francisco to watch some animals in the wild or watch some boys play with Big Bats and Tightly would curvaous balls

Lets try to focus on "clean" safe play here, ok?
                            Attached Files
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

The Sony Metreon is a nice stop, for us geeks.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X