No announcement yet.

An Inconvenient Truth - Al Gore is Phony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you mean Science (rather than Nature)?
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

• As for Oreskes, I haven't gone through the details of her study, so I can't tell. It's a tedious process, so I'll take the folks' at Science word for it.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

• Oreskes study has to be one of the lamest excuses for a paper submission ever. It was the equivalent of a google search for chrissakes.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Not really. It's a survey of the academic consensus on the human significance wrt climate change, nothing more, nothing less.
          -Bokonon

Comment

• Consensus is not science. In fact it's pretty much the exact opposite of it.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo
              Not really. It's a carefully crafted survey of the "academic" journals who have a noted bias against nonconsensus opinion on the human significance wrt climate change, nothing more, nothing less.
              fixed

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Right. There's a gigantic conspiracy in academia on this issue.

Just like the conspiracy among biology journals in promoting an evilutionary consensus.
                -Bokonon

Comment

• Actually that is precisely the accusations Wegman claimed when he wrote his paper. Perhaps he gave the the benefit of the doubt that it was mass incompetance on the paleoclimatologists cliques part moreso than willful agendas.

In any event the rather dubious editorials I have seen from Scientific American editors and others make me wonder whether the conclusions are all made a priori. Can't speak to Nature or someof the other publications. As for IPCC that is an organization that has a long history with Mann.

Comment

• Yes, everyone's either lying or incompetent but this Wegman fella. Right.

As for Scientific American.... you clearly have no idea what a peer-reviewed scientific journal is. There's absolutely no reason to put it in the same category as a publication like Nature (or Science).
                    -Bokonon

Comment

• They can't even predict the weather for tomorrow...you really think anyone knows for sure what things will be like in 50 years time? It seems some people are impressed with anything as long as it comes out of a sufficiently large computer.
                      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Yes yes I know Sci Am is not peer reviewed but it is clearly indicative of the bias within the community.

Comment

• Obviously Science can not be responsible for the sins of Nature (regarding MBH98). They are both politicized, though.

That's fine if you just want to take Science's view of things. Not worth talking much to you, since I've done a bunch of the more detailed reading. BTW, how about that Korean stem cell, dude. Brought down by bloggers, not by papers, btw...

Comment

• c'mon Ramo, look at graphs of paleoclimates and the cycle(s), we're a factor, but not the machine driving climate.

and speaking on behalf of all those future people with more space...to live... I hope we can actually pollute ourselves into a warmer globe. The world doesn't get better when a mile of ice covers Manhattan. But it would be fun looking for treasure along coastlines 400 ft below current sea levels.

Comment

• and Al Gore is a phony

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO
                                Obviously Science can not be responsible for the sins of Nature (regarding MBH98). They are both politicized, though.

That's fine if you just want to take Science's view of things. Not worth talking much to you, since I've done a bunch of the more detailed reading. BTW, how about that Korean stem cell, dude. Brought down by bloggers, not by papers, btw...

Ramo,

There was this guy at the beginning of the 20th century that you might have heard of before that went against all coventional wisdom with papers that didn't pass peer review.

What was his name? Albert something or other.....
                                Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe; July 27, 2006, 13:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X