Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CyberShy
    Portugal - The Netherlands:
    15 faults for Portugal (10 yellow cards)
    10 faults for The Netherlands (6 yellow cards)

That's way too much cards for the number of faults.
    The game wasn't a hard game. The fault of Boulahrouz was pretty hard. Further there weren't much hard faults.

Of course there were some fights etc. but in my opinion that was more a result of the bad leadership of the referee. Of course, 16 yellow and 4 red cards sounds like a rough game. But 25 faults is not much. Most games have more faults.
    So, it's ref's fault that players of both teams played dirty as hell, he should have just step aside and let them kill each other, right?
    All cards shown were fully deserved by players sh!tty behavior. Italy-Australia, England-Portugal, Germany-Argentina are exaples of really bad refeering. These are the games where ref's mistakes/biased aproach had decided the outcome of the game in favor of one team over the other. Ivanov clearly didn't preffer one team over the other in Portugal - Netherlands game. His decisions were harsh, but fair. He was just doing his job.
    From interview he gave before the WC:

And the players would do well to heed Ivanov's words, as FIFA has issued new directives to referees in relation to cheating on the pitch.

That encompasses shirt-pulling, diving, elbowing and time-wasting that may result in an automatic red card for the perpetrator. Many football purists would scoff at the idea of a straight red card for shirt-pulling, and Ivanov hinted that he was one of them.

"FIFA were very firm, very strict [on the new directives]. You want me to discuss FIFA's decisions before the start of the World Cup? I don't think that's a very good idea," he said with a wink.

"I work for FIFA, so FIFA is the boss. If they say shirt-pulling is a yellow card, so it's a yellow card. It doesn't matter what I think about this. It could be an automatic red card. Yeah, of course that's not very good, but if that's what they say, then this is the law. I know it, the players know it, so we all have to follow these laws."

Enough with that. The chief of FIFA already apologized.
    Last edited by Serb; July 5, 2006, 06:38.

Comment

• too late, blatter already sent the dirty russian home.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Blatter is moron.
        And it isn't a ref who is dirty, but players who behaved like d!ckheads.

Comment

• I seriously hope Portugal loses hard for that... well, and for beating England (twice ).
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
            too late, blatter already sent the dirty russian home.

And Russian nationalism sure is cute right? They even back piss poor refs!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Comment

• You don't have to beat yourself up for being so wrong, Serb. It's ok
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Attached Files
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Final predictions please:

Italy vs France
                    Portugal vs Germany
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Edit: Sorry, never mind, I see it now.
                      [/Edit]

Serb,

I was laughing at the picture you posted with all the yellow cards, not at your post.

Comment

• Those semifinals were a killer.

Italy vs France 2 - 1
                        Portugal vs Germany 1 - 2
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Ok,

Italy - France: 2-0

Portugal - Germany: 2-0

Comment

• Italy vs France 0-1
                            Portugal vs Germany 0-2
                            får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

• Italy-France 2-0
                              Germany-Portugal 2-1
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

• Italy vs France 1-1
                                Portugal vs Germany 0-3

DEUTSCHLAND!!
                                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                                X