World Cup prediction thread - Knockout Phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy 2 goals. What a result.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Wow
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Well, I suppose as long as Germany and France both beat Portugal hard, I'll be happy. I suppose I should start cheering for France now...
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

• I taly by 2

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Datajack Franit
            Nobody sees Italy as a winner

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Victor Galis
              Well, I suppose as long as Germany and France both beat Portugal hard, I'll be happy. I suppose I should start cheering for France now...
              As long as France gets a good beating tomorrow, I'll be very happy .
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Just everyone remember that I only made one prediction -I picked Portugal to win before the Round of 16 . I picked them as a dark horse and mainly because no one else picked them -- Some people derided me but now they have made the top 4 and while France or Italy would still be favoured over them by most , my prediction doesn't seem so silly any more. Portugal gets to play with a full squad against France after being hamstrung by expulsions before the England Game.
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I'm out of this quiz. Remove me from the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston

FIFA president apologized before referee Valentin Ivanov

I guess, the moron simply haven't seen the game. But at least, he has balls to admit he was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus

At least Ivanov didn't manage to book one player three times. Graham Poll will be laughed out of every English stadium he tries to officiate in next year.

"If Ivanov should be given a yellow card for his performance than many other referees at this World Cup deserve a red". - Russian soccer chief Vitaly Mutko

Comment

• France - Portugal 1 - 1
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• J/K don't cancel me.

France 3 - 1 Portugal

Germany 3 - 0 Portugal

France 700 - 0 Italy

Comment

• Well, I cheered (and continue to support) the Azzurri because somehow in the first place I disliked how German fans approached the WC (before: We won't win a single game, not even score, Klinsmann my ass, we are the worst team etc.; after Costa Rica match: World Champion now!) and the booing against Argentina first and Italy, then (you can imagine, I'm almost always against the host country [though this won't apply in 2008, boo everyone ]).

However, I apologize. I got it dead wrong. I have hardly ever seen not only athletes, but also media AND EVEN FANS behaving so fair after a really hard moment such as losing in the semi in the very last minute. Not even the boulevard press issued unfair anti-Italian slogans today!!
                            Everyone is proud of their team (rightfully so) and congratulates the Italians. Imagine the same the other way around, or in England (where Cristiano Ronaldo gets beaten by the press and Mr. Unfair, Crotch-kick Rooney).

So, kudos to the Germans.
                            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Portugal - The Netherlands:
                              15 faults for Portugal (10 yellow cards)
                              10 faults for The Netherlands (6 yellow cards)

That's way too much cards for the number of faults.
                              The game wasn't a hard game. The fault of Boulahrouz was pretty hard. Further there weren't much hard faults.

Of course there were some fights etc. but in my opinion that was more a result of the bad leadership of the referee. Of course, 16 yellow and 4 red cards sounds like a rough game. But 25 faults is not much. Most games have more faults.
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Well, some of those cards were issued for actions that happened while they weren't playing. I'm not sure if they consider a fault to be committed if a player gives another player a shove while arguing whether some other guy deserved a yellow.
                                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                                X