The Perfect Penalty Kick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Perfect Penalty Kick

Science to the rescue! Here is the formula for the perfect penalty kick (only problem is the refs don't allow calculators on the field):

Code:
    (((X+Y+S)/2)x((T+I+2B)/4))+(V/2)-1
    V Velocity of ball once struck
    T Time between placing ball on spot and striking ball
    S Number of steps in run-up
    I Time ball is struck after goalkeeper initiatives dive
    Y Vertical placement of ball from ground
    X Horizontal placement of ball from centre
    B Striking position of foot
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...de/5105802.stm By the way, isn't sharing this information kind of like leaking out nuclear technology? The ramifications of making the perfect penalty kick THIS EASY are mindboggling. Pretty soon, even teams like Italy might be able to live up to their hype!*

*This blatant troll was brought to you by a hot cup of coffee which, coupled with Friday morning euphoria, has left me in the mood to be a pointless bastard. --Yin
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Time ball is struck after goalkeeper initiatives dive
    AND
    Time between placing ball on spot and striking ball

are both exogenous factors.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I never missed one in a game, though I have in practice. The main thing is to kick the @#$# thing in the goal. A kick that sails high or wide, no matter how swift it is or how wickedly it curls has no chance of scoring. A dribbler can get in if the keeper goes the wrong way or falls on his ass.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Never missed in game either, but then never shoot any in games

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
          The main thing is to kick the @#$# thing in the goal.
          For those who can't understand the math above, Sikander has put the equation in plain English. Good work!
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
              Never missed in game either, but then never shoot any in games
              I only did when we had to resort to shootouts in tournament play. My coaches trusted me to put the damn thing on goal, which is more than I can say for a few strikers who tended to overdo it like that Mexican dude a couple of days ago.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

As long as it's high, hard and in the corner you can't miss, regardless of what the goalie does (and yes, Sikander, that means it has to be on target as well )
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

After watching hundreds of penalties through the years, my conclusions are these. For the best chance of bypassing the keeper shoot it either very low or relatively high, hitting the "golden height" of the keeper enables him to save it far more often even if it's relatively far out to either side.
                  It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

im right footed and i always liked to put it to the goalies left bottom corner, striking it with the front instep, with a two step run up, striking the ball on the third.
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

if you have guts, you can try straight down the middle, or slight left or right of center.
                      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                        if you have guts, you can try straight down the middle, or slight left or right of center.
                        No, that's if you're stupid (which, granted, is usually the same thing).

Why keep a ball within a goalie's range if you can kick it outside it? If you shoot with any kind of force, a goalie can never, ever, ever reach the top corner of the goal in time (and if it's not a really good keeper the bottom corner is damn near impossible as well).
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

tall goalies have a harder time getting down the bottom corners too.

Comment

penalty kicks 101: it takes more time for goalie to dive low than to jump high

Originally posted by Locutus
                            If you shoot with any kind of force, a goalie can never, ever, ever reach the top corner of the goal in time
                            Yes I can

the bottom corner is damn near impossible as well
                            Yes, I can't

Comment

Ask Butt:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
                              "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

Working...
                              X