No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football Sign Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... lots of people I didn't play with last year. Which one of you is the Commie I'm gunna knock?
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Liberals hate America!
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Tubertown ACKers are registered.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Dallas Dwarf Tossers

If that makes a crowd I'll drop.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Bezerker:

About a key category, should RBs get a pt every 10 yds or every 15 yds?
            well let's look at last years leaders...

S. Alexander 1880 rushing, 15 recept for 78 (80) yds
            10 yds/point 188+15+4= 207
            15 yds/point 125.3+15+4= 144.3

T. Barber 1860 rushing, 54 recept for 530 yds
            10- 186+54+26.5= 266.5 (and Alexander got MVP?!?!)
            15- 124+54+26.5= 204.5

S. Smith 103 recept for 1563 yds
            103+78.15= 181.15

S. Moss 84 recept for 1483 yds
            84+74.15= 158.15

I don't know... does Tiki Barber deserve to get 85 pts above S. Smith over the course of a season? Or is 23 pts over Smith more reasonable? Alternatively, should S. Smith get 36 points over Alexander under a 15 yds/pt. system?

of course this is all not counting TDs which would likely boost up the pts of runningbacks.

I'm thinking since most teams rely on only one back compared to 2-3 receivers, that the receivers should be worth a little more...

and anyway to penalize inaccurate QB's would be good. compare last year's Eli Manning at 294 completions but 557 attempts to Kurt Warner's 242 completions and only 375 attempts. Without -0.5 for incompletes, Manning would be the best pick (294 vs 242), with it, Warner would be (162.5 vs. 175.5). Hell, maybe incompletes should cost you a little more!
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Tiki is a pass catching RB who touches ball overall more than Smith.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Maine Mosquitos are in.
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

of course this is all not counting TDs which would likely boost up the pts of runningbacks.
                  Shaun scored more pts than Tiki when you add in TDs, I think 1 pt/12 yds for rushing is close to balanced. Maybe 13 yds is better, I'm not particular.

Mobius is looking for a league to play in, we'll need one of the people in Jag's league acting as a spot filler in this one to drop.

Comment

Actually I'm not. Too busy 1) Currently Moving House, 2) Trip to North Wales for a few days, 3) Trip to London for a few days, 4) Road Trip France and Spain for a couple of months...

I was joshing with you guys, have a great competition and may the best European win...
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

okey dokey

Comment

Working...
                      X