Apolyton Fantasy Football Sign Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

registered. Team Name "The Second Raters"
    Thanks for identifying your team, I always have trouble figuring out who is who.

About a key category, should RBs get a pt every 10 yds or every 15 yds?

We've discussed this before, a WR gets 5 passes for 100 yds = 10 points. RB rushes for 100 = 10 points - thats at 1 pt per 10 yds.

If we bump the RB to 15 yds per pt, 100 yds rushing = 6 2/3 pts while the reciever gets 10 points. But catching a pass is harder than taking a hand off so receivers should get a bonus, true? We give QBs a point for throwing a completion, why not reward the reciever.

Actually, I think Imran likes to play where the QB doesn't get a pt for a completion. That really lowers their value and probably should be lowered. We've seen QBs rack up 60+ pts and make a huge difference. The key is balance, we need to evaluate how much each position should be valued with respect to other positions and their importance. Clearly the QB is more important than either RB or WR with TE even less valuable. But should RBs and WRs be relatively equal or does one position warrant greater value? I'd favor the RB, but not by much. So I'm not particular about RBs getting a pt every 10 or 15 yds, but it would nullify the reward for catching a pass if went with 10 yds.

Maybe we can have 0.5 pts for completions to reduce the value of QBs without removing completions altogether. Or we could have -0.5 for an incompletion. That would penalise inaccurate throwers. Maybe that was Imran's pref, I forget. Yup, seems like I remember -0.5 for incomplete passes... Express an opinion or you leave it up to me to finalise settings

Comment

Registered. If you can't figure out which team is mine, you need help (and I mean help that I'm not licenced to give).
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Berzerk?

And whose this Dons Commie Knockers?

I'm the Banana Mashers, obviously
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Just where in Cincinnati do you live, Japher? I want to make sure I make a wide pass when I drive by going to Polycon. I don't want to get infected.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I dwell around the intersection of 275 and 32

you should have no problem staying away from here
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Registered. City Hobgoblins
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

That's what I thought your team name would be.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

When would we be starting to draft?

I'm gonna be away from the boards completely starting next Monday until July 13th, and wouldn't want to miss anything
                  CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                  Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                  Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                  Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Mountain Goats are in.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

What this league is full too????
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I am in
                        Berz speaks and I appear

I of course am the BC Stoned Raiders

Comment

I'll wait to see if there are open spots when everybody else is in.
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Okay, signed up and ready.
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

we have 14 and I bumped the league setting to make room. Everyone in this thread can join now, including Zopper.

I need to know if other people will be away from July to late August, Reis says July 13 but I want to get started soon. What we'll do is set the order and let people start drafting, but we wont start using bapays until the 13th of July.

Reismark, you will need to send someone a list of players you want. It can be anyone at Poly, just as long as they are reliable. Sorry, but I dont know if we can finish the draft if we start in mid July.

Comment

I'll be away in mid-late August. I'll set up a very, very long queue.
                                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X