Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Offseason: All 10 weeks of it

I feel a draft coming.

Rumour has Luongo to the Kings for Frolov and change.

A lot of teams in free agent holes. Will it be musical chairs, or has the salary cap calmed things down?

06/21 20:20:33 ET Sharks decline to pick up Thornton's option!!!???!!!

Relax, it's Scott.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

the Blackhawks are going after a "4th line energy winger"!

this according to GM Dale Tallon

I'm going to save up for playoff tickets now
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Re: NHL Offseason: All 10 weeks of it

Originally posted by notyoueither
        Rumour has Luongo to the Kings for Frolov and change.
        Now, now. Let's not refer to Dustin Brown as merely "change"...

Let the speculation begin!
        "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
        "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
        "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Rumour has it the Habs are interested in the services of Jason Arnott... Doesn't seem like a particularly good fit for me, but for the right price it could work.

As for Luongo: I really thought Keenan would be able to re-sign him. He locked in Jokinen, which was huge, and there've been rumours of Jovo coming back Miami. With star anchors on forward, defence, and goalie, along with a good crop of youngsters, the Panthers' future was looking pretty bright. But I guess if Iron Mike's hand is being forced, money-wise, there's little else to do. It'll suck to be known as 'the guy who traded Luongo,' though.

Oh, and the full rumour I read was Frolov, Brown, and Garon for Luongo and change (a lower-level positional fill-in or two).

Should be a crazy summer!
          "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
          "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
          "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Sutter's not looking for defense or goaltending, or even wingers. We've got two promising centres coming up next season (Dustin Boyd, and some Russian kid from the 2001 draft).

Basically what everyone expects to happen is the team stays more or less the same, but some big acquisitions of capable centres.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The rest of the Silverware is handed out.
              Hart: Thornton, a bit of a surprise given the 'Eastern press' mutterings, but zero surprise from a performance point of view.
              Calder: Ovechkin, not a shock. Sorry, Dion, the on his back and scoring play headed off any debate.
              Norris: Lidstrom, and the Wings haven't signed him yet?
              Vezina: Kiprusoff, well duh?!
              Selke: Brind'Amour, and he earned it. *sigh*
              Jack Adams: Lindy Ruff, a bit more controversial, but he did it with what he had and didn't have to have help airlifted in.

Dear Lord, I'm a born again junkie.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Rumors out of Montreal are that Montreal will trade up, potentially to draft Derrick Brassard.

Also, just like every other offseason, die-hard Habs fans think Luongo wants to come here, since he spends his summers here, and loves his hometown.

If Montreal doesn't trade up, look for them to draft a solid Defenseman at 16th. But Gainey has all but guaranteed he will get some free agents this time around.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Did the 'Hawks manage to play badly enough for the #1 pick?
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yes, but they lost the lottery and have to settle for third.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                      Rumors out of Montreal are that Montreal will trade up, potentially to draft Derrick Brassard.

Also, just like every other offseason, die-hard Habs fans think Luongo wants to come here, since he spends his summers here, and loves his hometown.

If Montreal doesn't trade up, look for them to draft a solid Defenseman at 16th. But Gainey has all but guaranteed he will get some free agents this time around.
                      What would they trade away for a shot at him?

There are a lot of free agents. It's going to be a mess to sort it out, especially with the 'new' part of the NHL. I feel a lot of old, familiar names may have played their last games and more than a few youngsters who can skate and play defence without the hook are going to be given chances.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

What would they trade away for a shot at him?
                        I think the feeling is that Brassard will drop to the Islanders, and the Islanders want a Defenseman, so maybe we can send them someone like Rivet or Souray. But quite honestly, I can't imagine Bob Gainey trading a defenseman when at times it has been a vital weakness.
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Meanwhile, the Leafs are pondering a vital question: whether to keep or get rid of Tie Domi.

Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

I think the feeling is that Brassard will drop to the Islanders, and the Islanders want a Defenseman, so maybe we can send them someone like Rivet or Souray. But quite honestly, I can't imagine Bob Gainey trading a defenseman when at times it has been a vital weakness.
                            An experiened Dman, who can play games 1 to 82 next season is too much to give up for a maybe in 3 years.

That would be a very bad trade, in my book.

Sit and wait to see what comes to you with the 16th pick.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

THORNTON MVP MVP MVP MVP!!!!

kipru who????

"Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                              X