New York City!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
    Yeah right. Everybody in the US knows New Yorkers are the rudest.
    No need to be so disagreeable, it's not polite.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

New York was the only US city in the study.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Ah wonderful Chinese logic of "everybody knows." Is there any counter to such impressive reasoning developed after 4000 years of intellectual thought?
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Miami is way ruder than NYC.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

They didn't struck me as particularly rude when I was visiting the place. Quite the opposite at times.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

It's a stereotype that has become conventional wisdom, and has even been played up by New Yorkers b/c it became kinda cool (NYC is edgy, man!), but it's not really true. How do you measure rudeness, anyway?

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Some good advice from GePap there....

Coming from Japan you won't be too shocked at the size of the apartments, so if you are used to living in small spaces then I highly recommend getting a place in Manhattan. Having a long commute can be a bit of a grind if you have to take the subway every day, and cabbies can sometimes be *******s about taking you to a non-manhattan destination.
                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                  It's a stereotype that has become conventional wisdom, and has even been played up by New Yorkers b/c it became kinda cool (NYC is edgy, man!), but it's not really true. How do you measure rudeness, anyway?

-Arrian
                  with a rudeometer, of course

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Rudeometers, best invention since sliced bread.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

What's disturbing is that most people seem to accept "studies" by their face value

Originally posted by PLATO
                      New York was the only US city in the study.
                      Referring to a survey with a sample size of 20 people per test as a "study"

How do you measure rudeness, anyway?
                      With percentages, obviously! The usage of percentages ALWAYS proves that surveys are PURE SCIENCE!

Comment

Ah wonderful Chinese logic of "everybody knows."
                        The movie "Men In Black" offered an enlightening dialogue about the fundamental sucktitude of this logical viewpoint:
                        Originally said by Kay:
                        1500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you "knew" that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X