Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's Serbia's first two goals of the tourney . And they came in a quick time span. Apparently it is a very exciting match (according to reports), so I guess no diddling about.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Well it's Serbia's first two goals of the tourney . And they came in a quick time span. Apparently it is a very exciting match (according to reports), so I guess no diddling about.
      All I seeing are the stats and Ivory Coast is now up to 71% ball possession. I haven't seen them play but I assume that they must be prettty slow and deliberate in their advances to have that much possession in a game they are NOT dominating

you can actually tell a bit from the stats -- like Serbia must be palying a trapping defense since Ivory have gone offside 5 times so far ( Serbia zero so far)
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

One to watch on the round up later tonight....

Comment

Ivory Coast 3 Serbia 2 in minute 90
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

God, what utterly wasted 2 hours of evening prime time. And I am not talking about Serbia and Ivory Coast.

Comment

Haha, 0 - 0 against the next World Champion. Portugal, here we come!
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

Dutch fans, whats happened to van der Vaart? The last time I saw him (admittedy a year or so ago) he looked amazing....I know it only a couple of games into the WC but he deson't seem the same player?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                  God, what utterly wasted 2 hours of evening prime time. And I am not talking about Serbia and Ivory Coast.
                  I warned y'all

Didn't think it was too bad though, it wasn't great but I've seen worse this week.

And yeah, I'll have to catch the rerun of Côte d'Ivoire vs Serbia and Montenegro, that sounds like it was an interesting match.
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

If I was Dutch I wouldnt be looking forward to playing Portugal.

Locutus, does your location say "Van Basten is a turnover" it seems kinda odd?

True but odd.
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                      Dutch fans, whats happened to van der Vaart? The last time I saw him (admittedy a year or so ago) he looked amazing....I know it only a couple of games into the WC but he deson't seem the same player?
                      He's recovering from an injury (which is why he's a 2nd team player to begin with).

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

You're gonna base a team's quality on a single game??
                        Actually I am now basing it on three games on the biggest event in the world

Serbia have the strongest defense in the world,
                        and in this event they have the worst goals against of ANY team at 3.33 per game. I know the one blowout sways that but there are teams yet to surrender a goal and several that have surrendered only 1 or 2.

You could argue whether they should be just inside or just outside the top 10, but they're definitely one of the strongest teams in the world.

I grant then that they were strong in qualifiers and friendlies but the test of an elite team is how well they do at the most important events.

Lets sum up--

close loss to netherlands -- no shame there
                        Blown out by Argentina
                        Losing to Ivory Coast (ranked 22) in a game where every statistic favors the Ivory Coast

so 3 games, 3 losses with 2 goals for and 10- against

Notwithstanding the fact that they may very well be a much better team than they have shown in this event, the results here fully support the idea that a ranking in the 30s or 40s is reasonably accurate. A true "top ten team " does not lose ALL their games

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                          Locutus, does your location say "Van Basten is a turnover" it seems kinda odd?
                          Magician (or wizard, technically).

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                            and in this event they have the worst goals against of ANY team at 3.33 per game. I know the one blowout sways that but there are teams yet to surrender a goal and several that have surrender only 1 or 2.
                            They've also played against 3 of the strongest teams in the world and have been having all sorts of internal conflicts for weeks. And they only lost their game against Côte d'Ivoire because of a red card and 2 penalties against them (they were 2-0 up before that). But I haven't seen the game yet so I can't really judge that. Statistics are the worst form of lies.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                              If I was Dutch I wouldnt be looking forward to playing Portugal.
                              As long as Figo plays we're very confident about it

Comment

He's recovering from an injury (which is why he's a 2nd team player to begin with).
                                Ah, cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X