No announcement yet.

What happened to Ted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I say we have a babe thread in Ted's honor.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
      And you're not too smart either for making a personal attack... see ya in 48 hours.
      How was that notably different from any other GP post?

Comment

• Guess why we see so little from GP lately... it's the constant banned-ness.

Comment

• RIP Ted Striker
          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• It isn't quite as bad Emp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus

I had been trying to imagine a scenario where a bag in the overhead lockers might have been thrown clear of the disintegrating plane, got cut open by flying shards - liberating but somehow not destroying the contents that carry on to land nearby. It's a shade more likely than a passport escaping from the jacket pocket of the man at the pointy-end of the crash but still hard to swallow.

If, however, he dropped his bag on the floor outside the cockpit, this would give the contents more chance of being flung clear - but again, the bag would have to be shredded but not the contents. A loose passport on the floor is unrealistic - surely a man would not go 'into battle' with loose paperwork in his hand.

There would have to be a sufficient delay between impact and explosion for the liberated passport to escape before being consumed in a fireball. If that fireball was hot enough to weaken steel truss/columns enough to collapse the building, it could not have failed to burn a passport flying through it. I don't know if there was any report on the condition of the passport (burns, cuts etc).

The passport would also have needed something else to knock a hole in whichever wall of the building it escaped from - assuming that the passport maintained energy from the motion of the plane, rather than being blasted somewhere.

Again, I don't know enough, but the exact location it was found (and who found it, even) would be interesting. Also of note, were any other personal effects of any of the other passengers of the plane recovered? If not, then the survival of this one item seems near-miraculous in its low probability.
              I don't recall the details, but other personal items and papers were found - not much, but normal crash scenes generally have scattered items of clothing or luggage contents.

As far as the possibility of the loose passport goes, I was thinking that it might be in some backpack or small carryon bag in which Asshola kept the "tools" for the mission - boxcutter, mace, etc., and that when he got those items out, the bag would still be open.

The ejecta pattern on early impact was complex, so when/where the passport and other items would have gone is hard to tell.

It's certainly within the realm of possibility that it could have survived - beyond that, we'll never really know.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.

OTBOT has proven this.

OT-Ted Striker-bot can replicate with machinelike efficiency all of the following classic behavors:

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                I'd hit it!
                DONT GET IT TWISTED
                The addition of access to an upload area filled with appropriate images should help complete the effect.

Sure, OT-Ted Striker-bot would be a bit out of date reflecting a more classic ted striker but we can always consider adding the ability to link to random external conspiracy sites and post "there's enough here to take a second look and maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle." ?

Comment

• Ted Striker will never leave this place for good, he doesn't have any more sense than the rest of us.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• They took Ted, just like they took Tassadar earlier...

They are after us comrades, hide, now!
                    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• All of these are Ted Striker

You guys sure tore me an ted and anybody else up in the Moussaoui thread.

Take it from me, I am honest, after all, don't you think all of those are Ted Striker?

If you don't, I must not be very honest. But don't worry about that, you can still trust me, and I never did anything to hurt or mislead you before.
                      Pentagenesis for Civ III
                      Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                      Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

• Ted is out there fighting the good fight. He knows he can do more in real life than wasting time in these forums. He's becoming a hero to the people, making sure the truth is known. Either that or he's dead.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                        X