The Future of North Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Seeker
    Sudden unification would be a total disaster, much worse than East Germany, comparable to Moldova.

FACT

A united Korea would be a tragedy for both the North and the South
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by _BuRjaCi_
      Where's the "North Korea is turned to glass by Americain nuclear weapons" option?
      It sits next to the football at all times.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
        Sinuiju failed because they couldn't get the foreign investors, including Chinese and S. Korean, that Shenzhen so easily did. Seems they were reluctant to deal with NK after past bad experiences.
        If there are people who don't mind investing in Nigeria and similar countries, DPRK is simply another option. I see Sinuijiu as an abortive attempt because it wasn't even completely set up.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

If there are people who don't mind investing in Nigeria and similar countries, DPRK is simply another option. I see Sinuijiu as an abortive attempt because it wasn't even completely set up.
          Investors don't like war risk. Nigeria is not still technically at war with its artificially seperated other half. Nigeria doesn't make itself seem to be provoking the US all the time.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

they will conquer the world

sleeping giant they are

just wait

those apartment buildings don't look like much, but they go deep underground

once Korea is reunited, billions will pour out from the north and sweep across the globe

you heard it here first

learn to speak korean and maybe they will spare you

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

No, you blamed a single businessman. If you see it differently now, it's because I pointed out your flawed reasoning. Not being completely setup had nothing to do with it. It couldn't finish because it lacked foreign investment. Yang Bin could have been replaced. However, with China against the project, North Korea's own reputation, and little prospect for big profit to begin with, it was doomed to fail. As are future projects like it.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
              X