A trip down memory lane: your console/computer history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    I think it went in this order, pretty much...

BBC Master 128K
    Ha ha, the "spoilt brat" computer, that explains a lot....
    Last edited by reds4ever; June 20, 2006, 12:01.

Comment

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I don't think I'd have been able to cope with a cassette...I've always hated tapes...even as a music format. I switched over to CDs as quickly as I could...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Pentium 200 w MMX -> Athlon 1 Gig -> Athlon 3200
          What?

Comment

In the 1980s when I was a schoolboy:

Vic 20 (1983)
            Commodore 64 (1984)
            Amiga 500 (1987)

Then came a long period when I had no computer I could call mine and only used various borrowed hardware (i.e. the PCs at university, or my parents' box when I was home for holidays).

My first own PC was purchased in 1998 and was a 400 MHz affair with 64 megs of RAM. That was actually rather a lot at the time.

My current PC is a "laptop" purchased last year -- one of those Hewlett-Packard monstrosities built around a regular P4 processor (3 GHz; it produces a lot of waste heat, to the delight of our cat who likes to lie just behind it) and a 17" widescreen monitor. Currently fitted with 1.25 gigabytes of RAM. All for about half the price of what I paid for the old PC in 1998.

The only console I've ever had is a PS2, which I play with occasionally.

Comment

to the delight of our cat who likes to lie just behind it) and a 17" widescreen monitor.

héhé, mine often too, sleep on the PC or even on the monitor.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Binatone (don't know what model, but it played pong and some kind of weird motorcross game.)
                Spectrum
                Amiga
                Gameboy
                PS1
                PS2 (on loan, now returned)
                PC - Dell Inspiron 5150 if you must know (reading off the casing)

But my mates have had all sorts, so I've played on a wide range - BBC, C64, Atari ST, Megadrive, N64, Genesis, Gamecube, X-basket, others I can't remember.

Comment

Console:

- ATARI 2600

PCs:

- 3/86, 4MB RAM, 80MB HDD
                  - Pentium 90 something
                  - Pentium II 350
                  - Athlon X sth 2000+ sth... I've lost track of this stuff, couldn't give you exact info on my current system

Comment

Re: A trip down memory lane: your console/computer history

Originally posted by nostromo
                    ... I bet some polytubbies are too young to have known cassette tapes. lol:
                    My first computer was a TRS-80 (aka "Trash-80")...Audio cassette I/O device and a whopping 4k RAM.

Comment

Pretty much in order:

Pong
                      Commodore 64
                      Nintendo (original)
                      Sega (original)
                      IBM Compatible 386
                      Gateway 400mhz speed (Pentium II?)
                      Playstation I
                      IBM Compatible (built by a friend), 1.6 ghz speed (Pentium III or IV?)

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Consoles:

Super Nintendo
                        Sega Genesis
                        Atari Lynx
                        Playstation
                        Xbox
                        GameCube

As far as computers go, I don't remember the name of the first one we had, I think it was a 386. I don't remember much about it, other than playing Prince of Persia on it. I guess it was Windows 3.0 or something. After that, we bought 2 computers, same brand (can't remember the name though) in succession from like Sam's Club. Next was a Compaq, then an HP, a custom-built PC, and an iMac.

Comment

Re: A trip down memory lane: your console/computer history

Originally posted by nostromo
                          - Atari 520 ST. Musicians loved the Atari, since it came with MIDI built-in. So I could plug my Synthesizers in it.
                          Silly frenchies with your broken keyboards

Comment

Silly frenchies with your broken keyboards
                            Not sure what you mean. There's either an error somewhere in my sentence (in that case, care to enlighten me, Mary Poppins? ) or you're dissing my synthesizers. In that case, I'll let you know that I had a mother****in' Roland Jupiter 6.
                            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

That's an azerty keyboard in the picture.

Comment

Ah, I see. I tried Azerty's when I was in France. They aren't bad, once you get used to them. At least, they're 100% french. Better than the half-assed french keyboards we get here. Only Microsoft bothers to make French keyboards here in Canada. And even in that case, all we get is a damn "é". Big deal.
                                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
                                X