Atari2600 Game Console

Commodore C64

Commodore Amiga 500

Then, around 1993 my first PC, a 486DX2-66
    then a Pentium 133,
    thereafter I don´t know. I think another Pentium with 233MHz
    then my predecessor to my current computer, an Athlon T-Bird 900
    and now an AMD with 2200 MHz
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

PC:
      TI-99 (It was kind of both, I guess)
      Tandy 1000SX (8088)
      Tandy 1100FD (V20 Laptop)
      Acer 386DX/33
      Some off-brand 386 laptop..don't remember much about it other than that the guy I bought it from left Dune on it.
      486DX2/66 (first home-brew)
      Prostar 486DX4/100 laptop
      P-90
      P-200
      Athlon 600
      Apple Quadra 840/AV
      Dual-Celery 300 @450
      T-bird 1.0
      Palomino 1900+
      Barton 2200+ HP Laptop
      Winchester 3200+
      Core Duo T2400 Dell Laptop

Consoles
      TI-99 (Yay M.U.L.E.!!)
      Nintendo
      Super NES
      Genesis
      Game Boy
      Game Gear
      Virtual Boy (yeah, I had one...)
      Sega CD
      Playstation
      GBA
      Xbox
      PS2
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I still remember my first encounter with video games. While visiting some family friends, I was introduced to Pong. I must have been around 6 or 7, so it was the late 70's. I must have nagged, because that Christmas we got a Sheen M-1200 Microprocessor Programmable TV Game (Australian clone of the RCA Studio II). It played Doodle, Pattern, Bowling, and Black Jack 1 & 2 and of course Pong.

An Atari 2600 followed. Gave me years of fun.

My next acquisition was a Commodore 64 which pretty much ruined any chance I had at doing well at high school.

Through my late teens I was more interested in drugs, alcohol and dreaming about girls to worry about gaming.

I eventually bought a PC and discovered Civ, Colonization and Doom.

I bought a Gameboy and SNES.

Another dark age occurred when I backpacked overseas.

Continued PC gaming, but eventually got an XBOX, Gamecube and Gameboy Advance.

I'm sick of consoles now, so I'll probably stick with PCs for the foreseeable future.
        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I still have my vic-20.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

@Joncha

We ask for pictures! (kiddin)

Does it work?
            bleh

Comment

The first microcomputer I used is a Radio Shack TRS-80 Model I Level 2 with the Expansion Interface. I programmed in Basic and Z-80 assembly language, and we loaded and saved on casette tapes. That is mainly a trial and error affair that was aided by pulling out the connector and listening for the beginning of the, uh, line noise. But it was mainly a game box. The graphics was the pits with a resolution of something like 64x48 (large moving blocks! ), but we still had lots of fun playing Decathlon and other games. The excitement was very real. At the time I also used a Commodore PET and an Apple II.

My next computer is an Atari 800 which is a quantum leap over the TRS-80 Model I. It had awesome colour (!) graphics, stereo sound, and best of all, M.U.L.E.!
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

C64
                Amiga500
                and whole lots of PCs more.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                  @Joncha

We ask for pictures! (kiddin)

Does it work?
                  Last time I checked, yeah. It's missing one of the number keys (7, iirc) but even that still works if you press the stub. I've also still got the external cassette drive.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Console history:
                    Commodore 64 (neato)
                    NES
                    SNES
                    Turbo Grafx 16
                    Nintendo 64
                    PlayStation
                    GameCube
                    PlayStation 2

Computers:
                    Acer 486, bought for $2,000 in 1994.
                    HP Somethingorother
                    Dell Somethingorother
                    Dell Laptop something given me by Ursinus College for the two year I attended
                    Northgate POS
                    Gateway Laptop something or other - bought for $800 a few months ago.

The only things from these lists I bought myself were this Gateway Laptop and the PS2. Everything else was my family's/a Christmas gift.
                    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

The first computers I played around with all belonged to friends who were far wealthier than my family was. My friend Ryan's father was an engineering professor, and they had a TI (about 1976-7) that used cassettes to load its programs. It only took about 20 minutes! A friend in college (met in 1981) had an Ohio Scientific kit built computer (with 4k of RAM!) on which we played a D&D ripoff. No graphics, just characters. Later some of my friends got PCs, others Apples. I played a bit with both.

My first PC I got a couple of years after I got out of the Army. It was (is) an AT, 12 GHZ with 1 meg of RAM and a 20 meg hard drive. This is the machine that I played untold amounts of Civ, Railroad Tycoon, Colonization, War in the Pacific, War in Russia, Korea, Krynn, Buck Rogers, etc. I ran it into the ground, skipping the whole extended memory / 386 / 486 era. Finally the graphics card started getting flaky, and I decided it was time to get a new machine.

That machine was a P2 650, with a 20 gig hdd, half a gig of RAM and a 23" monitor. This was the machine that I got into SMAC/X, EU, Shogun Total War as well as the zillion games that came out during the 386 / 486 era like Master of Magic, Master of Orion, Civ 2, etc. It was (is) great, but I needed more power to run games like Neverwinter Nights etc. So I got my current desktop, a P4 with a 120 gig hdd and 1 gig of RAM, and good graphics card.

I also got a laptop for surfing the net at work between my last 2 machines, a P3 800 which runs Windows 98. I only use it to play DOS games, though it will run a lot other stuff reasonably well. Chances are that anything you've seen on this site written by me has been typed on this machine, including this post.
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

unknown console ( some pong games)
                        unkown console ( some very basic games like hit the dot)
                        Philips Videopac
                        Atari 600XL
                        Commodore 64
                        puberty, so no comps here...
                        Pentium 120 (16MB)
                        AMD 550 (128MB)
                        AMD 1400 (756MB)
                        Amd 2000 (1G)
                        Amd64 3000 (1G)

Except for the first PC, all self build.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

First computer was an Apple II circa 1978. Only Apple I ever had.
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by alva

puberty, so no comps here...

Comment

I think it went in this order, pretty much...

BBC Master 128K
                              Atari 520ST
                              Pentium 90
                              Pentium 200MMX
                              Athlon 700 (my mother still uses this one)
                              Pentium 4 3GHz (this system)

Yeah, that's it...
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The ST is the first computer I played Civ on...
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X