Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Who

The 2005 season just ended here with the doctor changing. I started watching when I was a kid on PBS. It was totally different than anything I had seen up till that point. At the time my mother would shake her head at what I was watching wondering what in the world it was all about. Now it's my wife that rolls her eyes when I mention that Doctor Who is on, but my 7 yo step son loves it and stays up with me to watch it.

Question for those that watch it in the UK. has the 2006 season started already? As far as I know Sci fi channel hasn't announced if they will pick up the 2nd season or when it would air if they did. It would be cool if they aired it with BSG in the fall. I was a bit dissapointed that they changed actors for the Doctor. I had gotten used to him but at least Billie Piper will be around
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Second season is getting towards the end over here. The episodes have been a pretty mixed bunch, but most annoyingly almost all of them have been set on some version of Earth. Come on, the TARDIS can go outside the M25 ferchrissakes!

Comment

Re: Doctor Who

Originally posted by Sprayber
      I was a bit dissapointed that they changed actors for the Doctor. I had gotten used to him but at least Billie Piper will be around
      Ecclestone was a quality Doctor, but saw himself as 'above' the role, and always wanted to move on quickly. Fair play to him as an actor thinking about his career, but a shame for the audiences. The current guy is nowhere near as good.

Comment

Hey, he's doing a good job. Slightly different, but good.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

The episode last night was weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
            Hey, he's doing a good job. Slightly different, but good.
            The director should let him use his own Scottish accent rather than trying to fake a London-ish one over the top.

Comment

He's doing OK, it's a bloody kids program for Gods sake!

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                It should always aspire to be more than that.

Comment

Makes me laugh when 40 year old blokes start picking apart the plot lines and acting....

Comment

Maybe the TARDIS is broken again, and can't escape Earth.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                      It's a bit too grim for a kid's program... People being pickled to tinmen, satan trying to free himself, bat-creatures eating people...

Whatever happened to Bob the Builder...
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Oh God! What have I done? I'm going to hounded off 'Poly by gangs of middle aged Dr Who fans....

Alright, it's not a kids program and its perfectly normal for grown men to watch it...

Comment

Dr. Who is one of those guilty pleasure shows that I like.

I really enjoyed Eccleston in the role. He brought something a little different to it. Hopefully it's not as bad as some say the next season is. So is Billie Piper like Britanny Spears or something or can she actually sing? Not being familiar with her I hate to make a judgement.
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Britney spears but without the business sense
                            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

I'm quite suprised to hear that you guys don't rate the new doctor. Everyone I've spoken to thinks he's head and shoulders above Ecclestone (and the majority think he's the best Doctor ever - me included)

Comment

Working...
                              X