• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he is good.

But damn that latest episode was bad...
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

That was an awful episode. The eps by Davies in this series have all been pretty atrocious, at least if you compare them to the previous series.

As far as Tennant goes, I don't quite like him like the Eccleston's Doctor, but he's good, and he's not a problem like the irritating companion and her annoying mom.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I think the new series is great.

Tennant is great and I think the writing is of great quality for sci fi
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I thought that 'Absorbotron' episide was like one of those wierd, tangiential and eccentric X-files episodes that would crop up occasionally.

That was a fairly overt reference to oral sex at the end too, for a 'childrens' programme.

Comment

Not like she can do much else...
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

It gave me a chuckle, but it felt really out of place.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                That was an awful episode. The eps by Davies in this series have all been pretty atrocious, at least if you compare them to the previous series.
                As bad as Davies's episodes have been, at least they're better than the utter ****e that have been Mark Gatiss's episodes (2702 - The Unquiet Dead, 2807 - The Idiot's Lantern). That man needs to have his hands shot and his keyboard jammed into his throat, as he's written the worst episodes of both series.
                B♭3

Comment

Just goes to show how opinions differ - those Gatiss episodes knock most of Davies fart-gag laden stuff for six.

It also seems that many have missed that Tenant's Doctor is supposed to have a different character to his predecessor. Tenants Doctor is normally quiter and more considered - but he also has a greater gravitas to his portrayal for me.

As far as I am concerned he is doing a great job, hope he signs an extension to his contract after next season.
                  It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                    I thought that 'Absorbotron' episide was like one of those wierd, tangiential and eccentric X-files episodes that would crop up occasionally.

That was a fairly overt reference to oral sex at the end too, for a 'childrens' programme.
                    He could have meant that their sex life was limited to kissing
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Havak
                      Just goes to show how opinions differ - those Gatiss episodes knock most of Davies fart-gag laden stuff for six.
                      I'm not saying Davies's stuff is any good, but it's better than Gatiss's.

Also, the bigger difference is that I'm right, and you're obviously wrong.
                      B♭3

Comment

Well naturally.

I actually like Gatiss's writing - clearly my failing. I've enjoyed some of his BBC Dr Who books. He did Roundheads IIRC - and who doesn't like a good yarn about the Lord Protector?
                        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          He could have meant that their sex life was limited to kissing
                          Capt Jack giving the Doctor a kiss was a bit too much for me. He was definitely.. different. AFAIK, all of the other Doctors managed to get by without a sex life, either with their companions or anyone else.
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Oh come on now

You know Teela and the Doctor were going at it like rabbits in heat!
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Havak
                              Well naturally.

I actually like Gatiss's writing - clearly my failing. I've enjoyed some of his BBC Dr Who books. He did Roundheads IIRC - and who doesn't like a good yarn about the Lord Protector?
                              I'm sure his books are decent. And I agree, Davies seems to like flatulence a bit too much.

Doesn't change the fact that Gatiss, while he may write good books, sucks at screenplays. It's like he used all of his ****ty ideas for the telly.
                              B♭3

Comment

Re: Oh come on now

Originally posted by pchang
                                You know Teela and the Doctor were going at it like rabbits in heat!
                                Romana II was hotter.
                                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                                2004 Presidential Candidate
                                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                                X