Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting the technophobes on DU riled up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Odin

Whatever you do, DO NOT visit the 9/11 subforum!
    Well, curiosity killed the cat - are those people for real ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Oh f**king hell, it's branching threads. TCO would have a wet dream in that place...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

DU
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          morons with Paul Wellstone avatars

How many people even knew his name before he died?
          I met him.

He was really big on the progressive circuit in the mid 90s.
          Last edited by chequita guevara; June 15, 2006, 22:47.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

How many people even knew his name before he died? Then he becomes this liberal icon and it's "cool" to have him as an avatar and such because it gives you even better liberal credentials.

The vast majority of the morons at DU probably wouldn't even know about Wellstone and his the things he worked towards if it weren't for that Al Franken book.

And I know full well what state Wellstone represented, BTW. I stand by my statements. I guarantee you the morons who have Wellstone avatars would not have them if he was still alive and if they didn't read about him in the Al Franken book... and that includes morons from Minnesota who will try to pretend like they appreciated Wellstone as much as they do now compared to before he died.
            I knew about him before his death..

Jon Miller
            (I went to undergrad in Minn. and he was talked about there...)
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

...did one of those guys say the GM food is unconstitutional?
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

btw, I would say that he was one of the most well respected politicians in Minnesota..

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                  Unbelievable!
                  QFsig.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

Whatever you do, DO NOT visit the 9/11 subforum!

Comment

I'm not impressed with the troll. Only 52 replies?
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

How many people even knew his name before he died? Then he becomes this liberal icon and it's "cool" to have him as an avatar and such because it gives you even better liberal credentials.

The vast majority of the morons at DU probably wouldn't even know about Wellstone and his the things he worked towards if it weren't for that Al Franken book.

And I know full well what state Wellstone represented, BTW. I stand by my statements. I guarantee you the morons who have Wellstone avatars would not have them if he was still alive and if they didn't read about him in the Al Franken book... and that includes morons from Minnesota who will try to pretend like they appreciated Wellstone as much as they do now compared to before he died.
                        Jesus, what crawled up your @ss and died?

Anybody -- anybody -- who paid attention to Democratic party politics in the 1990s knew who Wellstone was. Wellstone had run a successful populist campaign to defeat an incumbent GOP conservative, and almost immediately made a name for himself as the Senate's uber-liberal by opposing Gulf War I. He was the GOP's top target for defeat in 1996, yet held onto his seat, and mulled a run for the presidency in 2000.

Of course people -- especially liberals and progressives, especially of the sort that hang out at DU -- knew who he was before his death.

But you didn't, right? In psychology, that's called "projection." Just FYI.
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I was trolling Odin

you just ruined it

THANKS!

oh, and the "sort" that hang out at the DU are mostly retards... retards who happen to be of the left-leaning variety... but retards, nevertheless...
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I thought this was about depleted uranium.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

oh, and the "sort" that hang out at the DU are mostly retards... retards who happen to be of the left-leaning variety... but retards, nevertheless...
                              What?! Retards can't be left-leaning. That's why people are left-leaning to begin with. To show that they aren't retards. I mean, how many members would communism lose, if they didn't think that it made them look smart?
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X