Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting the technophobes on DU riled up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the technophobes on DU riled up.

On Tuesday a friend of mine made a stupid anti-nuclear and anti-technology comment. I made a thread on the incident on DU, I should of known I would attract the luddites. *smacks head*

If you get bashed on this forum, too, where will you take this next?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

What are the average usage of tinfoilhats on that site ? Is it higher than Poly ?
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I just realized that I actually have a new internet provider, and thus a new paid e-mail!

I can return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to try and last longer than 2 minutes this time
        Monkey!!!

Comment

if you really want to rile them up post a glowing article in support of dirty,cheap coal.

Comment

TLDR.

The only useful information I got from my brief foray was that you have "1000+" posts there.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

What are the average usage of tinfoilhats on that site ? Is it higher than Poly ?
              Whatever you do, DO NOT visit the 9/11 subforum!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                If you get bashed on this forum, too, where will you take this next?
                I've allready gotten bashed for posting on DU.

Comment

Also, unless there is a way to open up all the posts in a thread, I ain't clickin' through to read.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                    Also, unless there is a way to open up all the posts in a thread, I ain't clickin' through to read.
                    There is a "view all" link near the top of the page.

Comment

Well then. I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason I didn't see that until now. Can't possibly be my fault.

Comment

I thought that forum was full of trolls before I read this topic. Am I the only one who suspects that Odin eventually grows up to be another JohnT?

Comment

No! Not with the baby pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

Whatever you do, DO NOT visit the 9/11 subforum!
                            Unbelievable!
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

morons with Paul Wellstone avatars

How many people even knew his name before he died? Then he becomes this liberal icon and it's "cool" to have him as an avatar and such because it gives you even better liberal credentials.

The vast majority of the morons at DU probably wouldn't even know about Wellstone and his the things he worked towards if it weren't for that Al Franken book.

And I know full well what state Wellstone represented, BTW. I stand by my statements. I guarantee you the morons who have Wellstone avatars would not have them if he was still alive and if they didn't read about him in the Al Franken book... and that includes morons from Minnesota who will try to pretend like they appreciated Wellstone as much as they do now compared to before he died.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X