This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Football Thread X - Germany 2006

Since the last thread was the most popular I've ever started, then I think I'll try another.

England finally turn up at the tournament, Germany and Ecuador are already through, and Sweden - Paraguay to look forward to.

So, Gerrard or Kaka for wrong-footed screamers?

Comment

"Alright guys, lets mail it in - im getting sunburned on my head"
      Attached Files
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Nice - I found streaming audio commentary so I can listen to the games at work.

"Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

After a good 15 minute start, the swedish teams seems focused on another glorious nill all game against inferior opposition. I guess it's part of the country's social program for aid towards the third world.

Comment

Seems the Swedes all applied for German passports this week...
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well, it seems like Bofors Weapon Industries woun't sell any weapons to Paraguay this year...

Comment

How many more boring games with goals in the 90th minute do we have to watch
                Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                  So, Gerrard or Kaka for wrong-footed screamers?
                  Stevie hasn't got a "wrong foot".....

Comment

It's only the wrong foot if you don't score.

Comment

Just saw an enlarged slow-motion replay of Crouch's 1:0 against Paraguay. He dragged his opponent by his ponytail and helt him down the whole time while he scored his admittedly nice goal, so he couldn't jump for the ball. He was darn lucky that the referee didn't see it. It was a clear foul and should have led to the goal not counting and at least a yellow card.

Comment

So does that count as his yellow against Paraguay being justified then?

Comment

D'oh, I meant T&T.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                            Wow, Freddie!!

- and he almost got a second.

England were 3 mins away from winning their group, but now Sweden can win it. That might actually help England if Equador then got a draw or better against Germany, pitching Eq vs Eng in the 2nd round. England would certainly lose to Germany if they met in the next round.
                            But since they play the day after the Germany - Ecuador game then they can tactically throw the match if they decide they'd rather play Ecuador or Germany.
                            Or just be unimpressive again.

Comment

It does worry me why Defoe isn't there as an option. We're a bit thin on the ground up front (except the Liverpool lads), either Defoe or Bent should have gone instead of Walcott.

Comment

Working...
                              X