How severe is your weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
    Ay, mi querida Sevilla. Cuánto hecho de menos tu calor (y las sevillanas en vestido de verano )!

Honestly, I LOVED Sevills temperatures at the end of August. People think I'm crazy, but while I agree that 50°C is a tad much, I'm absolutely fine with 40 (given that there is in-door climatization of course, esp. for the night!).
    Damn that I live near the Alpes. I have caught a frigging cold, because June started with some 14°C max. this year!
    50 C is a tad much? That's a huge understatement. That blows away our record high.

Though I should note that our neighborhood temps did get that hot last summer. As the neighborhoods get hotter than the official temperature record at the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
      I was able to find this out about St. John's (Newfoundland):

Temperature wise, things are pretty stable all year round. Not too cold in the winter (maybe -10C, lowest), and not too hot in the summer (maybe 20C on a good day).

We get boatloads of precipitation though, so if its below 0 it will snow alot and if its above 0 it will rain alot. We also get very very strong winds and lots and lots of fog.

I'd say, temperature aside, weather here is one of the more extreme ones around.
      The pros and cons of living in the middle of an ocean or 1500 k to the nearest major body of water.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader
        Saskatoon
        High
        40C
        104F

Low
        -49C
        -56F

That's a nice swing!
        I shouldn't be surprised as you're further out in the flat.

Is this on the list of 100 things great about Sask?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The weather in my neck of the woods is very severe. In the winter time we have daily highs of 68 and in the summer time we have daily highs of 72. In fact the entire year has an average temperature variation of 70 +/- 2 degrees.

Today's high is 71 with a nightly low of 63. I see things have warmed up for summer.

Edit: All temps quoted in degrees F as God intended.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

at least we have seasons.

actually that's what people back east say to prevent from killing themselves for having to put up with such ****ty weather.

Actually in Vegas we really only have 3 seasons. Hot, chilly, and in between.

Comment

In between doesn't sound so bad.

Comment

The problem I have is fall only lasts 1 month, then it's chilly.

Spring will last a bit longer. Almost 2 months.

Comment

Well, you don't live near the ocean so it is to be expected. I do like visiting Vegas in the early spring. The crowds aren't there plus the weather is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

50 C is a tad much? That's a huge understatement. That blows away our record high.
                    That's why it's common knowledge that I'm completely nuts.
                    Of course it was an understatement, 50° is too much to bare, definitely. However, it's true that I'm fine with 40° for a certain part of the year. In my hometown Graz, we reach 30° only about 5-7 days every year, which royally sucks.
                    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Except for typhoons, massive rainstorms and high winds, it's not that bad here.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

I shouldn't be surprised as you're further out in the flat.

Is this on the list of 100 things great about Sask?
                        Yeah, when we changed the slogan on our plates I wanted it to be "It's a dry cold".
                        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

When I see the temps in Spain I understand why the conquistadors wanted to leave and why they felt comfy in Central and South America.

*gasp*
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                          X