How severe is your weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How severe is your weather?

Record highs and lows from where you live.

A lot of highs will beat mine, but I doubt many lows.

And who will have the greatest range (dick size)?

Edmonton
    +93F
    -49F
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Hmmm, after a frustrating 10 minutes not finding anything resembling an answer, I'll resort to posting this nugget:

The lowest natural temperature reliable recorded on the Earth's surface was -128.6°F, measured at Vostok, Antarctica, on July 21, 1983.

Comment

Adelaide
      +118

The minimum temperatures in winter being reasonable make this a great place to live, as long as the hot summer can be endured

Comment

Warm enough for me to sit in my underwear with a fan blowing its mighty wind at me. No pics.
        It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

^^ works on both thread and above post.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I don't know what our records are here, but our average tempurature differential (high - low) is 30 degrees. Dry air is light.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Winter is nice. Summer not. It is not rare to see this:
              Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

Ay, mi querida Sevilla. Cuánto hecho de menos tu calor (y las sevillanas en vestido de verano )!

Honestly, I LOVED Sevills temperatures at the end of August. People think I'm crazy, but while I agree that 50°C is a tad much, I'm absolutely fine with 40 (given that there is in-door climatization of course, esp. for the night!).
                Damn that I live near the Alpes. I have caught a frigging cold, because June started with some 14°C max. this year!
                "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Ay, mi querida Sevilla. Cuánto hecho de menos tu calor
                  Fortunately I live most time at the coast (Cádiz). It is a lot nicer along the day there, it is rare to reach 40º. However at night it can be hoter than Sevilla (it all depends of the wind).
                  Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

Bordeaux will stay above 30C until August. That's too much for me, I find 26-28 to be a sweet spot.
                    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Coldest I've experienced here is about -25 centigrade, the warmest about 35 centigrade.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Québec:

Record that I know of: (centigrades)
                        Around: -35 in Winter
                        Around 36 in Summer
                        bleh

Comment

Twente
                          +37°C
                          -26°C

In summer it's quite nice here but the winters suck donkeyballs (although not usually as extreme as this record, usually it's closer to -5-10°C but that still sucks).
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Re: How severe is your weather?

Originally posted by notyoueither
                            Record highs and lows from where you live.

A lot of highs will beat mine, but I doubt many lows.

And who will have the greatest range (dick size)?

Edmonton
                            +93F
                            -49F
                            According to Wikipedia, in Montreal:

100F
                            -36F

or, +38C
                            -38C

So you've got our swing beaten by 6F
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Baltimore:

108F
                              -7F

42C
                              -22C

The greatest temperature swing recorded within a single calendar year in the US was in Steele, South Dakota, with a high temp of 121F and a low temp the following winter of -60F (49C and -51C)

wow
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X