Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither
    They may be back.
    The team that left the ice won't look the same next September. The Oilers have nine unrestricted free agents: forwards Samsonov, Peca, Dvorak, Rem Murray, Georges Laraque, Pisani, defencemen Jaroslav Spacek and Dick Tarnstrom and starting goalie Roloson. The Oilers also have to re-sign key restricted free agents Ales Hemsky, Horcoff and Stoll.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That's why I said may.

The number of forwards who aren't under contract.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Congrats to the Whalers.
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Glen Wesley

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

****!

Had to be said.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Well, at least you can't look back and say "what if we weren't robbed of that goal..."
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                CAM WARD!

What a guy.

He should be Prime Minister.
                Or at least the next goalie for Team Canada!

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                  Well, damn.

Congrats Canes.
                  "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                  "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                  "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

There's always next year, I guess.

At least we cleaned up money-wise with the playoff run. That should help out with signings and/or paying down the debt.
                    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

A fitting end to a craptacular playoffs.

Not a bad game, actually... game 7...

but next year, if it's another team from the southeast vs a team from Alberta in the Finals, I'm going to boycott the NHL

two years in a row is enough

Ottawa vs Detroit would have been so much more entertaining

I swear, my tolerance for hearing about how awesome Mike Peca is was reaching the breaking point.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well this wasn't a big deal to me because both teams are not that cool for me but I agree, it was there for the Oilers to take it. I don'¨t know if it was choking, the way Pisani recieved the puck at the end of the game when it was 2-1, I mean it first looked like he should have scored but then again it came to his skates, little space, little time. Then again, it's game 7, a chance to overturn the game, and there's always little time and space.

I think the beginning of the game broke the Oilers. The first goal, way too fast and tough to catch for the goalie (too much traffic), and after that, the Oilers couldn't come back to the game until it was the third period when they showed up fighting.

Too bad, I still think it was there for the taking. Congrats to the Canes though, they played great, so I guess they deserved it.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

So my girlfriend is listening to the game at work, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in HK, and near the end of the game she goes "they've pulled the goalie."

And this guy, who claims to be Canadian, who claims to be from Vancouver, said "What does pulling the goalie mean?"

And it was then that my girlfriend realized that the PRC had infiltrated the chamber.

Golfing since 67

Comment

Damn, I can't believe our captain has left us to win another crappy Stanley cup. If he had stayed in Omsk we wouldn't have lost the gold of Russian league this season.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Serb
                              Damn, I can't believe our captain has left us to win another crappy Stanley cup. If he had stayed in Omsk we wouldn't have lost the gold of Russian league this season.

I guess you didn't watch the actual Stanley Cup.

Your Russian Hero wasn't even good enough to be playing in the finals.

This guy, who made a fraction of the salary of your hero, played instead:

How insulting is that?

Comment

You mean his haircut?
                                I find it damn insulting.

Comment

Working...
                                X