No announcement yet.

Say Hello, Bernie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I anxiously await VJ's next correction for my comment in saying the "Wind is picking up speed", which is obviously an incorrect statement since Wind isn't a unique singular noun. "The wind speed is increasing" would be more proper.

[/preemptive pedantic anal-fissure post]
      Last edited by Asher; June 12, 2006, 15:53.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        I anxiously await VJ's next correction for my comment in saying the "Wind is picking up speed", which is obviously an incorrect statement since Wind isn't a singular noun. "The wind speed is increasing" would be more proper.

[/preemptive pedantic anal-fissure post]
        Wind is a countable noun, here singular, idiot.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
          Err...countable means it can have both singular or plural form.

"Wind" is a singular noun, "Winds" is a plural noun...

As it was used in the sentence, it was a singular noun...

What I meant was it's not a unique singular noun, which I've since DanSed.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

@ three above posts:
            "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
            Check out my Blog!

Comment

Are you being gay Asher?
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Asher...please don't make any more threads like this. This is weak!
                Put it in context. Its a parody of Che's "so... how about that weather?" threads.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

only on the internets
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                    By the way, this is poor grammar.

VJ, get on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

What I meant was it's not a unique singular noun, which I've since DanSed.
                      What luck I quoted you, you flithy obscurantist!

Comment

The short answer is no

VJ, get on it!
                        I could continue answering to your ad hominem arguments all night if I wanted to, I'm pretty sure that you have the energy and the mood for bypassing facts with name-calling for such a long time. But I don't want to, that's not my idea of "fun". Furthermore, I reported this thread as a worthless troll/spam thread which should be deleted before I even thinked of answering to it, so all my typing work would get wasted after a few hours, mostly unread. No need to waste energy for something which can get nuked within hours.

Edit: FYI, it's not proper DanS'ing if you can see the "edited by xx in xx:xx:xx" from the lower right corner of the post.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

Put it in context. Its a parody of Che's "so... how about that weather?" threads.
                          It's lame.

But it's gotten funny for other reasons.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

"Wind is picking up speed"
                            I see the confussion, this is abbreviated.

It should be "The wind is picking up speed". I can see how one could read it as TLC did, in which case it would be wrong.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: The short answer is no

Originally posted by VJ

I could continue answering to your ad hominem arguments all night if I wanted to, I'm pretty sure that you have the energy and the mood for bypassing facts with name-calling for such a long time. But I don't want to, that's not my idea of "fun". Furthermore, I reported this thread as a worthless troll/spam thread which should be deleted before I even thinked of answering to it, so all my typing work would get wasted after a few hours, mostly unread. No need to waste energy for something which can get nuked within hours.

Edit: FYI, it's not proper DanS'ing if you can see the "edited by xx in xx:xx:xx" from the lower right corner of the post.
                              I've always wondered what kind of person actually took time to report such threads that people are having fun in. Now we know.

Comment

Re: The short answer is no

Originally posted by VJ
                                You are clueless. 68.9% of the Dansings posts to not contain the "edited by xx in xx:xx:xx" in the lower right corner of the post, although most people are ignorant of this for obvious reasons. However, a seasoned observer like me is aware of this.
                                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                                X