Say Hello, Bernie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say Hello, Bernie

This is just awful! The wind is picking up speed and if my calculations based on the past four samples are correct, this storm will peak at upwards of 32 km/h!

The air pressure is rising, also.

Humidity is dropping!

The temperature is rising!

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

And this concerns someone in Calgary how?
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It might rain! Think of the people without umbrellas or raincoats, you insensitive clod!
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

The horror!
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          ...Think of the people without umbrellas ... you insensitive clod!
          London Fog is having a going out of business sale. Yesterday, I bought two umbrellas for $20, including tax. Want to borrow one??

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

London Fog is having a going out of business sale. Yesterday, I bought two umbrellas for $20, including tax. Want to borrow one??
            LA?

Is that one umbrella for each rain day over the next year?
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
              I like getting wet. Getting wet makes me hot.

Comment

Asher...please don't make any more threads like this. This is weak!

...but another thread on Russia...now THAT would be kickin!

-=Vel=-
                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

This is more important than Russia. This is potential rain.

Comment

Humidity is dropping!
                    Actually, the air humidity is staying fairly stable. Now the relative humidity is of course dropping because the temperature is rising -- relative humidity is the amount of water vapor in the air, expressed as % of the amount that is the maximum amount of water vapor which theoretically could be in the air under present conditions. When the temperature goes up, the amount of maximum water vapor which could be within the air goes up.

BTW, this is the second time I've caught you completely misunderstanding a graph you've been citing, Asher. It seems you're graph illiterate

Comment

What is the Y axis labeled, smartass?

I understand the concept of relatively humidity, thank you very much. I also understand how to read graphs, specifically the Y quantity label, which is "Humidity (%)". Thus, in reference to this graph, the statement "Humidity is dropping" as the Y-axis values drop is correct.

Your understanding of context is not.

Comment

Oh no, you're not getting away with an ad hominem attack

What is the Y axis labeled, smartass?
                        Ah so typical of you -- when someone helpfully corrects you, respond with a personal attack

Considering that the graph is titled "relative humidity" and there's not enough room for that many characters in the y-axis label, I think it's fairly obvious that it measures relative humidity. It is perfectly valid for the chart-maker to shorten the full description of the y-axis if that full description is given in the title.

I understand the concept of relatively humidity, thank you very much.
                        You know what? I don't believe you. I think you're shallow enough to be lying about this. Furthermore, everyone who understands the concept of relative humidity would've realised automatically that the absolute humidity is staying still with a single glance of the two graphs, since the shown temperature amount is inversely proportional to the shown relative humidity amount.

Comment

Re: Oh no, you're not getting away with an ad hominem attack

Originally posted by VJ
                          Considering that the graph is titled "relative humidity" ..., I think it's fairly obvious that it measures relative humidity.
                          I completely agree, which is why I'm puzzled why you found it confusing and felt the need to "correct" me when it is very clear from the context, especially given the graph which is immediately next to the comment.

You're being what's called pedantic, which is so very annoying. Pedantic people are psychopaths.

And calling you a "smartass" in a situation like this isn't a personal attack, it's an extremely accurate comment describing what you're doing.

Comment

Pedantic people are psychopaths.

...and often, Russian.

er...sorry.

-=Vel=-
                            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

@ Asher.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X