Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Palestinian Authority declares war on Israel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I seriously doubt that NYC would empty out into Sierra Leone.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
      No, I understand your desire. I puzzle at your math.

6 billion people. No restrictions.

Could NYC take another billion?

You must be smoking some real nice **** if you think everyone want to move to the US!

And again, if 1 Billion move to NYC, they will be sick of ity, and then move away again, maybe to Montreal, who cares.

Lets make it simple for you. There are 300 million people in the US. Do they all live in one spot? NO. They have the freedom to move in a continental sized landmass, and they use it. Some areas ar emore popular than tohers, and have become more crowded. And when this happens, people leave those areas because they are crowded, and move elsewhere.

The same dynamic that takes place in the US, and has little by little began to happen in Western Europe now that movement is allowed between EU members would happen globally. Maybe you have failed to read the part about "affording" the move. Mst people in the world could not afford to move to the US period, so they would move to a neighboring country with a better job market, and then just as in the US, if things get too crowded, they move around some more, until they found the place they were satisfied, or were they had the best opportunity. And if you think that invariably means the US, as I said, you are smoking something good.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I seriously doubt that NYC would empty out into Sierra Leone.
        NO, but most NYkers would move to Europe long before Alabama, if they were free to move anywhere they wanted in the world.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap

Because it won't make it worst.

The rich states in the US don;t sem to have suffered by allowing the poor states to send their people to them in the past, And now those decendents are moving back to the areas that used to be poor.

NYC is a great example of how aggresive and never ending immigration keeps a place vibrant.

And you fail to understand that I believe ALL STATES should have this policy, not just the US. Free movement from anywhere, to anywhere. Is that too hard to grasp?
          It works in the U.S. because

A. the u.s. is a (relativley) closed system, in comparing moving around in the U.S. to global migrations and

B. because the average standard of living in the U.S. is far better in the overwhelming majority of instances then the average standard of living in say, Sierra Leone.

You said that an equillibrium would be reached.

Correct.

At our expense.

#### foreigners.

We are under absolutley NO compulsion to be charitable or helpful to others and while my own morals dictate charity regardless of nationality, I wouldn't impose that view on my countrymen.

Comment

• If you don't like reality, change it! me

Comment

Obviously.

You know, I try and discuss things civilly and seriously with you, and you're always just an ass. I'm begining to wonder why I even bother.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• My error is in sometimes treating people who don't deserve it as those who do.

Apologies.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• However, I will point out that I find arguments of any sort along the lines of 'whitey don't belong in the Americas' to be personally offensive.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• I think Israelis who were born in Israel of people born in Israel might share my point of view.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Because it won't make it worst.

The rich states in the US don;t sem to have suffered by allowing the poor states to send their people to them in the past, And now those decendents are moving back to the areas that used to be poor.

NYC is a great example of how aggresive and never ending immigration keeps a place vibrant.

And you fail to understand that I believe ALL STATES should have this policy, not just the US. Free movement from anywhere, to anywhere. Is that too hard to grasp?
                      Restrictions on just what sort of scumbag is allowed to enter which building, neighborhood or gated community are very real even within the boundaries of the United States.
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Geronimo
                        Just like how gepap shows how much he cares by all the homeless people he has lodging in his house.
                        QFE
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Who gives a **** about "peoples"? Who someone is, as an individual, and what rights they should be granted and enjoy should have 0 to do with what "people" they care to say they belong to, because the fact is that any indetity beyond the biological is made up.

It is morally repugnant that any individual should be denied basic civil rights because of what a "people" think their right is. The day we end the notion that collectives have rights that can supercede those of individual humans beings will be a glorious day for humanity.
                          I was responding to mr Guevera, who seems to think that collectives exist and may have rights.

If and when every nation in the world ceases to exist as a political entity, Zionist goals will need to be reexamined. Zionism proclaimed that the Jewish nation should have the SAME rights as other nations - if and when everyone else wants to adopt world govt, or anarchy, there would be no Zionist ideological basis for rejecting that for Jews.

Guev was discussing THIS world, in which rights are given to indigenous peoples qua peoples. I will await his response.

And i suppose identities are made up, if, you make the literalist reductionist claim that only that which is biological is real. I think history and culture and tradition and relationships are real. I think we will have to agree to disagree on that.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

It is morally repugnant that any individual should be denied basic civil rights because of what a "people" think their right is.

By definition its morally repugnant that any individual be denied basic civil rights, period. Thats what basic civil rights means. Nice rhetorical trick. There is no basic civil right to deny an indigenous people their right to return to the land from which they were exiled.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Nor is there a basic civil right to move anywhere and expect hug and a warm cup of cocoa from the welcoming committee.
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                                If and when every nation in the world ceases to exist as a political entity, Zionist goals will need to be reexamined. Zionism proclaimed that the Jewish nation should have the SAME rights as other nations - if and when everyone else wants to adopt world govt, or anarchy, there would be no Zionist ideological basis for rejecting that for Jews.
                                How can every nation cease to exist with Israel also ceasing to exist? In any case, this opinion doesn't tally with your repeated claim that Jews exist on some alternate sociological plane. Not to mention Israel endlessly flouting the currently existing international system.

Comment

Working...
                                X