It's Too Hot! >21c Sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wussie .

We call it hot when it gets above 40° C .

Comment

The problem in English cities in warm weather is air pollution from vehicles. It's been around 22-25C here in Ireland all week and very pleasant - partly because the air quality is good.

Looks like there will be some showers today as low pressure is moving in. It may reach England early next week and stop PA's whining (until he starts a thread about being too wet).
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

FInally summer arrives! I've been waiting for so long to see the hotties. Of course, I live in Paris and not in PA's neighbourhood
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
          21°C is pathetic. That's not even ROOM TEMPERATURE ffs.

Go put on a pair of shorts or something.
          How hot do you have your room? I try and keep my house at around 18C...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
            Complaints about weather depend on what you want to do in it.

Sit in the garden? 25-30C is great. Sitting on a train going to work? 25-30C is icky disgusting.
            It also depends on the humidity.

30°C with 100% humidity is icky. Not so bad with 50% humidity.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hit 101°F here today. That's what, almost 40°C?
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                FInally summer arrives! I've been waiting for so long to see the hotties. Of course, I live in Paris and not in PA's neighbourhood
                It's been summer for awhile here While, I consider the current temperature just a bit too hot for comfort, it seems like the rest of France is suddenly even hotter
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

As temps hit 30c in central London, I really can't see what the fuss is about 21c.

I should point out that in a predominantly cold country, houses are designed to keep heat in, and not out. 35c in Andalusia is cooler indoors than 30c in London, no question.

When I was working in an office full of PC's rather than at home I used to get annoyed at colleagues leaving their PC's on all night, keeping the temperatures even higher.

I live above a hairdressers, which is nice in winter with all the hairdryer heat coming up through the floor, but in the heat of summer it's not so welcome. I used to live in a flat next door - above a cafe that also generated heat all day.

Comment

Anyone else have thunderstorms? When it started to lash it down outside then I remembered this thread and laughed. If only I hadn't been on my way from the car to the shop while it was still raining.

Comment

We had some on Monday and they didn't seem to clear the air. At least we have 18c and Welsh rain today
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                        Anyone else have thunderstorms? When it started to lash it down outside then I remembered this thread and laughed. If only I hadn't been on my way from the car to the shop while it was still raining.
                        Heavy rain in London last night has left it a lot cooler today.

I hope its cools down in Nuremburg tomorrow night.

Comment

We've been having high temperatures around 27C, and nighttime temperatures around 15C. We have been getting thunderstorms, though the last two days have been fairly dry. Our humidity in KY has tended around 50-80% humidity. The low side is nice, but 27C and 80% humidity is hot for cutting 2 foot high grass/weeds.
                          The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                          And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                          Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                          Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                            I was too hot in Leeds today - but I wish I hadn't been at work for most of the day to enjoy the undersized clothes. Damn, driving is hard when you have to try and concentrate on the road and check out hotties in the heat.
                            Hotties in heat

Comment

Had lots of sun down south, even the 2 wet or grey mornings sorted themselves out.

Got a nice top up to my bronzed arms too
                              Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

The weather has improved today (cloudier and cooler )
                                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                                X