• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whaleboy
    MarkG naked?

mmm body hair
    How very jewish of you.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      This existence...

no, that's old Sava talking

but seriously, I've come to think that the Hell that is talked of in Judeo-Christian texts is really just an absence of the presence of God...

the whole "lake of fire" imagery is more likely the burning garbage pits that were in the valley, south of Jerusalem during the time of Christ... Gehenna, I believe the place was called...

I think the whole vision of hell we know today is the result of scare tactics during the Medeival period.

If there is a God, I doubt he would send you to a burning pit of flames for all of eternity... that is, if he truly loves you.
      Sounds like the LDS/Mormon view of Hell: Outer Darkness. No fiery pits of volcanic activity, but complete absence since the 'light' of God is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
        Hotel California .
        QFT

Comment

women with teeth... you know... down there

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
            Well, that is the risk every time you get a blowjob - isn't it
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It's a bar serving only Zima and Filipino food, with the TV tuned to a Disney-channel teen show marathon and a proselytizing Christian on the stool on either side of me.

On the up side, I suppose, the proselytizing Christians are also in hell.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

being forced to listen to "Hotel California" over and over again?
                "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                  It's a bar serving only Zima and Filipino food, with the TV tuned to a Disney-channel teen show marathon and a proselytizing Christian on the stool on either side of me.

On the up side, I suppose, the proselytizing Christians are also in hell.

I have recently fulfilled my desire for a nice juicy angus steak grilled over real charcoal.

Though the coconut coal is pretty good too, but...
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Well, that is the risk every time you get a blowjob - isn't it
                    Woman does that, the placement of my hands means she very well might end up in Hell in short order, merely by reflex... wouldn't be so simple if it happened during full sex...

Comment

Re: "They stabbed it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast"

Originally posted by Lancer
                      What's your vision of hell?
                      Emptiness, hollowness, blind deaf and dumb but still able to think clearly. Close to a sensory deprivation tank, knowing you will never escpe and never die (again) either.
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Woman does that, the placement of my hands means she very well might end up in Hell in short order, merely by reflex... wouldn't be so simple if it happened during full sex...
                        I can't possibly imagine where your hands would be. Around her neck? But you can do that during regular sex (and who doesn't ) as well.

Comment

"(and who doesn't )"

Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

What?

Comment

Ann Coulter/Widdecombe
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: "They stabbed it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast"

Originally posted by Lancer
                                What's your vision of hell?
                                Repeal of the 22nd Amendment before 2008.
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X