Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*arty waffle*
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

That's actually the type of thing I was looking for. I need to take a photography class so I can learn about proper image composition and how best to crop pictures.

I think the noise is a result of going with a cheapy Walmart digitalization of my photos instead of a really good place. I noticed that Walmart also croped their scans in a really crappy way so that some pictures got cut off.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

@Oerdin
        I've never did photo class, but it seems really cool, you even devellop your own picture in the black room!

I buy many photography magazine, some are really good for giving clue. Some of them have a special sections to help amateur to devellop their photography skills.

Oerdin: Do you have a digicam or a classic 35mm?
        bleh

Comment

I own a Nikon N65 with a 15-120 Nikor lense ( a very nice one with macros I hope to one day learn to use. ) and I used to own a Nikon S400 digital point and shot though that got stolen with my car last month. 2-3 of those pictures, the ones in the mountains, where taken with my friends Nikon D80 which I borrowed. I like the D80 very much but I think I will wait for a 16 megapixel digital before I buy a digital SLR to replace my 35mm.

The best digital SLRs are now up to 12+ megapixels so I figure in a year the best will be 16 megapixels and with in 2-3 years those will be affordable.

Comment

beautiful enough for a bump

Comment

NZ

I'm not particularly gifted with a camera, but it's hard to screw up New Zealand:
              Attached Files
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                This one is pretty well constructed:

I put a layer on the top of your picture, the layer is dividing the canvas into basic proportions, porportion that looks naturaly good. You naturally fund these proportion when you took the pictures.

You generally want the horizon at one of the two lines rather than in the middle, and an object designed to catch the eye on a vertical line. Some put the lines at 1/3 and 2/3; these are more like 2/5 and 3/5. Somewhere in that range is good.

For a general photo, the horizon goes on the lower line. We naturally expect the sky to take up the majority of the image.

If the focus of the picture is something on the ground, then the horizon goes on the upper line. But the sailboat isn't really the focus of the pic, so that pic should be cropped with the horizon on the lower line.

The cemetary pic is good. The focus is on the foreground with the hill and the sea form a visual horizon in the right proportions. The tree is a little too far off to the left. I would crop out the tree on the right and the weeds at the bottom, they are distractions.

For the picture of the aquaduct, crop out the weedy stuff at the bottom and then crop the right side to the same proportion. If the road to the left tends to lead the eye out of the picture, but it isn't too distracting and trying to crop it out would make a mess.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Re: Some of my recent pictures.

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  I just thought I'd share.

Nice TES4:Oblivion screenshots

Comment

You have a damn good eye, Oerdin.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

These are technically from a meet up on another site but since I already have a photo thread here (and many of the people from that site also post here)...

Here's a few pictures from the NYC trip.

Ground Zero.

Statue of Liberty.

Lurkerje and the nonDutchgirl.

Tizzy, Mike, KH, Lurker's girl, & Lurker.

Venom's cousin, his girlfriend? (or maybe the waitress. I was very drunk at this point), Some guy Venom hired to convince us he isn't 900 lbs, and Self Biased.

Time's Square.

Time's Square 2.

Rockefeller Center.

Comment

San Diego is fantastic. That is all. I am wasted.
                        If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

What do you think of the second Time's Square picture?

Comment

Working...
                          X