Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of my recent pictures.

I just thought I'd share.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Scans or high ISO?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Some where taken with my friend's Nikon D80 and some were taken with my Nikon N65 35mm which I then ordered a CD of the prints.

Comment

I got the prints done at Walmart and it seems that their ****ty conversion software (which changes film to digital pictures) actually cut off a few pictures. For instance the picture of the statue of Cabrillo has lost several mm at the top while the picture of the flowering century plant had the left side partially cut off. In the print both of these things were totally there but in the digital version the frame was cropped to tightly. I'm going to see if I can get these shots digitalized at a better photo-developer so that the whole picture is present in the digital copy.

I also noticed that Walmart's digital versions have more muted colors then the original 35mm film. I never knew Walmart's development process was so substandard.

Comment

The pictures themselves seem good, it's just that they're noisey.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

And you're going to have to resize them. 800x600 (600x800) maximum.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              The pictures themselves seem good, it's just that they're noisey.
              Meaning? Should I crop them in order to focus in on just the parts I like?

Comment

Nice job. The ocean one was my favorite. The cemetary one would have been better if the trashcan wasnt there..

Comment

Sheesh, there's no pleasing some...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Not on the Internet where you don't have to feign politeness.

Good pictures The first one caught me off-guard - I thought they were all going to be statuesque
                    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Meaning? Should I crop them in order to focus in on just the parts I like?
                      As in, noise...pixels/specs that result from poor scans or high-ISO film.

Comment

Nice pics. The one with the seagull looks like the camera was tilted when it was taken though.
                        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

No, the sea just flows downhill there.

Comment

Some are good but plz resize your pictures... These so big on my screen and i'm running at 1280-1024
                            If you have too much noise, you can use a Noise filter like Noiseware, some other are freeware.

Some pictures need to be cropped differently(like the birds), I sent an example below: (I have passed the picture into my noise filter)
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by CrONoS; June 8, 2006, 15:20.
                            bleh

Comment

This one is pretty well constructed:

I put a layer on the top of your picture, the layer is dividing the canvas into basic proportions, porportion that looks naturaly good. You naturally fund these proportion when you took the pictures.

And I also raised the contrast.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by CrONoS; June 8, 2006, 21:57.
                              bleh

Comment

Working...
                              X