Google Spreadsheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Spreadsheets

Use Google Sheets to create and edit online spreadsheets. Get insights together with secure sharing in real-time and from any device.

This one came out of the blue. Shot across the bow of MS Office...albeit it's extremely basic compared to Excel,
    but most people only use basic functionality anyway.

With Google's purchase of Writely, expect a Word Processor shortly.
    Attached Files
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Interesting. I signed up for it.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Where is the synergy?

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I signed up earlier, waiting for the email.

With Google's purchase of Writely, they already have a word processor. Albeit one not entirely integrated into the whole Google visual scheme.

Comment

Does Writely permit people to sign up yet?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Oh. I'd forgotten about that. I registered about 12 hours before they closed it off

Comment

However you can still get in by invitation (if an existing user adds you as a collaborator).

Comment

Re: Google Spreadsheets

Originally posted by Asher
                Use Google Sheets to create and edit online spreadsheets. Get insights together with secure sharing in real-time and from any device.

This one came out of the blue. Shot across the bow of MS Office...albeit it's extremely basic compared to Excel,
                but most people only use basic functionality anyway.

is it better than Openoffice at least?

Comment

Re: Re: Google Spreadsheets

Originally posted by Geronimo

is it better than Openoffice at least?
                  It doesn't matter, it has "Google" attached to it.

Comment

It's better than OpenOffice in that it doesn't take 10 minutes to load, it doesn't crash frequently, and it doesn't look fugly.

Comment

So is it an on-line spreadsheet or a program you download?

How well, if at all, do other spreadsheets load in it?
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Somehow it doesn't seem "fair" that a company is going to release a free product that will directly compete against one of the flagship products that microsoft currently charges for. What on earth did poor microsoft ever do to be the target of such spiteful tactics?

Comment

Google Spreadsheet will not compete directly with Excel, but with Excel Live.

MS has free up-coming web-based Office tools too. Two versions: one is free (ad-based like Google Spreadsheet), the other will be ad-free for a subscription.

Comment

Er, Google Spreadsheet doesn't look ad-based to me...

Comment

That's because it's a Google Labs project right now, not a commercial page.

Google makes its money by ads, you're a fool if you don't think Google Spreadsheet will have ads when it's released like Google.com, gmail, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X