Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China vs India War: Who Wins? (No Nukes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And be capable of doing absolutely nothing about.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

hehe. OK, GePap.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It would probably be costly for both sides, but I'd have to give China the edge at this time.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Another point - they both have similar weaponry of Russian origin, but I believe the Chinese also:

- produce airplanes
          - produce tanks

So they might have an additional edge there.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
            hehe. OK, GePap.
            Yea, what the hell would the UK and commonwealth be able to add? The extra manpower would be irrelevant, and Britain does not hjave the capability to send 100,000 men around the world easily anyways. Its not like the UK could add much in the way of airpower either. THe British could help secure the Indian Ocean, but They don;t have the naval power to cut of China.

But I would love to hear how you think that the commonwealth could add some vast power to a conflict half the world away....

Comment

Comment

Ever heard of a place called Bosnia, GePap?

Do you think that the US got involved because the French and Germans asked them?

Who do you think has more influence in Washington, Britain or the rest of the EU put together?

What do you think happens when Austrailia, Britain, and Canada are asking the US to help?

Do you think the press in the English speaking world would be more inclined to report sympathetically towards the single party Chinese or the democratic, English speaking, Indians?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Ever heard of a place called Bosnia, GePap?
                  Yeah. That was all of NATO intervening, mainly the US. Most of the ground fighting was done by locals, and the forces involved are miniscule compared to what we would be talking about, and none with significant air defences. Oh, and all of this happening very close to huge NATO bases.

Who do you think has more influence in Washington, Britain or the rest of the EU put together?

What do you think happens when Austrailia, Britain, and Canada are asking the US to help?

To get involved in a major war between Asia powers? Nothing, unless major US interests were involved, because while INdia and China might not be using nukes in some local war between themselves, foreigners getting involved would up the ante.

Do you think the press in the English speaking world would be more inclined to report sympathetically towards the single party Chinese or the democratic, English speaking, Indians?
                  Most Idians don;t speak English. The world press would simply report it as what is would be, a huge war between large powers. Given that nukes would make an all out war impossible, voters would not be urging their governments for their boys to die in some jungle, or at 25,000 feet in the HImalayas to settle some dispute beween China and India.

Of course, if you want to volunteer yourself, my guess is no one would act to stop you. IN fact, I would encourage you to go.

Comment

India. Rather, Pakistan loses because they are an ally of China.

Then India pulls the plug with INfosys, and we are all doomed!
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Yeah. That was all of NATO intervening, mainly the US. Most of the ground fighting was done by locals, and the forces involved are miniscule compared to what we would be talking about, and none with significant air defences. Oh, and all of this happening very close to huge NATO bases.

What is the origin of NATO, and why did an American president put so much on the line for a certain country?

To get involved in a major war between Asia powers? Nothing, unless major US interests were involved, because while INdia and China might not be using nukes in some local war between themselves, foreigners getting involved would up the ante.
                      You proposed Pakistan joining China.

Most Idians don;t speak English.
                      I'm pretty sure you're wrong there, especally wrt anyone who has an education. Afterall, English has an official status (while not being the official language).

The world press would simply report it as what is would be, a huge war between large powers. Given that nukes would make an all out war impossible, voters would not be urging their governments for their boys to die in some jungle, or at 25,000 feet in the HImalayas to settle some dispute beween China and India.
                      Action by the Commonwealth would not be for anything minor, but India is a member of the Commonwealth. One major thing the CW would do, other than send equipment in a major war, would be to lobby the US for aircraft to make it impossible for China to do anything to India.

Of course, if you want to volunteer yourself, my guess is no one would act to stop you. IN fact, I would encourage you to go.
                      You don't have much of an idea about the history of the CW, do you? You think it's a tea society, perhaps? It is, mostly, but sometimes more important things get done, like lending aid to a member of the CW, or something as small as initiating sanctions to force a change in a government of a CW nation that had gone off the rails.

Incidentally, the last time a member of the CW was attacked, other members offered direct military assistance.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

What is the origin of NATO, and why did an American president put so much on the line for a certain country?
                        You mean Germany? I can certainly see why the US did so much to protect it.

Pakistan is part of the commonwealth, is it not??

Pakistan has its own reaosns to fight India, far more reasons to take advantage of a situation like an INdia-China war than anyone else. Plus China is a major arms supplier to Pakistan, probably also supplied large amounts of nuclear knowledge.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong there, especally wrt anyone who has an education. Afterall, English has an official status (while not being the official language).

MOst Indian's are not well educated. Look at Indian films. How many are in English, how many in HIndu, Urdu, or one of the many other languages? Most indians are poor and live in villages. They aren;t getting regular English classes.

Action by the Commonwealth would not be for anything minor, but India is a member of the Commonwealth. One major thing the CW would do, other than send equipment in a major war, would be to lobby the US for aircraft to make it impossible for China to do anything to India.

Like in 1962? As for the notion of "US aircraft making it impossible for India to do anything", care to explain what the hell you mean by such a vague statement?

You don't have much of an idea about the history of the CW, do you? You think it's a tea society, perhaps? It is, mostly, but sometimes more important things get done, like lending aid to a member of the CW, or something as small as initiating sanctions to force a change in a government of a CW nation that had gone off the rails.

Incidentally, the last time a member of the CW was attacked, other members offered direct military assistance.
                        Yeah, and I am sure the CW ended up providing vast amounts of stuff.....

Coincidentally, how many times has the CW gotten involved when India and Pakistan were going at each other?

Comment

Oh, and what did the Commonwealth do when Turkey invaded Cyprus in 1974????

Comment

You mean Germany? I can certainly see why the US did so much to protect it.
                            Wrong answer. FDR didn't sign the Atlantic Charter with Hitler in Italian waters.

Pakistan is part of the commonwealth, is it not??
                            Suspended due to military take over of government.

Probably wouldn't win points towards the CW doing nothing about the single party Chinese beating the hell out of a democratic India.

Pakistan has its own reaosns to fight India, far more reasons to take advantage of a situation like an INdia-China war than anyone else. Plus China is a major arms supplier to Pakistan, probably also supplied large amounts of nuclear knowledge.
                            The issue is China (single party, totalitarian state even if they are investigating capitalism)-India (democratic member of the CW).

MOst Indian's are not well educated. Look at Indian films. How many are in English, how many in HIndu, Urdu, or one of the many other languages? Most indians are poor and live in villages. They aren;t getting regular English classes.
                            Hindi is the most common language as a first language, from what I read. Then there are more people that know English than any of the other 22 first languages. English is recognized in the constitution 'for official purposes' like government, commerce, lingua Franca...

[QUOTE]

Like in 1962? As for the notion of "US aircraft making it impossible for India to do anything", care to explain what the hell you mean by such a vague statement?[QUOTE]

Was India threatened? At the time I think India may also have been on the outs with the CW.

[Yeah, and I am sure the CW ended up providing vast amounts of stuff.....
                            The offer was there. The Brits failed to pick it up because they were certain they needed no help to take out the Argentines on the Falklands. Turned out they needed some and the US was more than happy to provide the stuff to neutralise the exocets.

Coincidentally, how many times has the CW gotten involved when India and Pakistan were going at each other?
                            As you pointed out, Pakistan was a member in good standing and India is not a country the CW would likely be against, rather for, except for some of their Cold War flirting with ideas of Communism and neutralism.

Don't mistake lack of involvment between Pakistan and India with an inability and unwillingness to support a sister state when push comes to shove.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

I'm not sure of the status of Cyprus, but it would have been a lot muddled by the dispute between two NATO members.

Is China a part of NATO?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Turkey invaded because Cyprus had cut loose and was trying to join Greece.
                                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                                X