Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should there be an intelligence test for the right to vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intelligence tests measure nothing but the ability to do intelligence tests.

Seeing as no fair test could ever be devised, I think that testing for voter elligibility is an odious concept, running contrary to the principles of democracy.

Who guards the guards?

Comment

It's an odious concept because such "tests" unfairly targets a disproportionate number of people in certain demographic groups.

Hence, my earlier point in regards to the voting laws of the "redeemed" Southern states.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

One of those things that sounds good in theory (after a few beers) but stinks in practice. No-go.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Stupid people can spawn, so they can vote as well
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
            Stupid people can spawn, so they can vote as well
            Solution: Sterilize stupid people.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Lorizael -- it would be a bad idea for you to sterilize yourself. Once you go ahead with that decision, there is no going back so I advise against it.

Comment

But MrFun, how would you get your daily gay sex?
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                  Lorizael -- it would be a bad idea for you to sterilize yourself. Once you go ahead with that decision, there is no going back so I advise against it.
                  I hate all children for a multitude of reasons. But the primary reason is that I do not want to create more people like me. I'm all for it.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

I hate all children for a multitude of reasons. But the primary reason is that I do not want to create more people like me. I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

100% reasons for lowering the voting age.
                      I thought you were in favor of having a test if it meant getting rid of the voting age.
                      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Lowering the voting age just puts it at another arbitrary number. The only fair thing to do is find a way to assess someone's ability to vote.

Comment

I don't people with low intelligence voting. I don't think it takes that much intelligence. I mind people voting who are psychologically ****ed up. That's about 90% of people.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

By the standards of society, it is impossible for ninety percent of people to be psychologically ****ed up.

Comment

Working...
                            X