No announcement yet.

Why I love Amazon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you worried about privacy? I like Amazon's service so far, but they store info about all the books I have bought, viewed and reviewed...

Comment

I've got nothing to hide.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I also bought some clothes through them. It's a little weird to buy stuff like that over the internet but it worked out okay.

BTW: This morning, I was looking on it for a copy of Poor Richard's Almanac, and couldn't find a new copy of it for anything less that $20 WTF's up with that?!

Comment

I don't know if you have this in the USA (i'd guess so) but when you order a book a page comes up saying "people who bought that book, also liked this book" and offer you a deal on another connected book.

Salesmanship sure, but it for the sake of a fiver (which you can write off against the free "super pikey saver" postage you've just become eligible for) you get to broaden your horizons for a couple of quid.

It's like "six degrees of seperation" but with books. I'll bet you can get from any one subject to any other by 6 Amazon book recommendations.

Comment

I bought a CD that I couldn't find anywhere. Amazon had 3. For my ultra limited experience, they seem fine.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
              I don't know if you have this in the USA (i'd guess so) but when you order a book a page comes up saying "people who bought that book, also liked this book" and offer you a deal on another connected book.

Salesmanship sure, but it for the sake of a fiver (which you can write off against the free "super pikey saver" postage you've just become eligible for) you get to broaden your horizons for a couple of quid.

It's like "six degrees of seperation" but with books. I'll bet you can get from any one subject to any other by 6 Amazon book recommendations.
              Get me from Mein Kempf(sp?) to Martha Stewart in 6 links.

Comment

Mein Kempf could along the way reach Idi Amin, which could certainly reach Martha Stewart.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I signed up for a trial version of Amazon Prime, and forgot to cancel. So now I have to justify the $80 I spent. I figure that I'll stop going to convenience stores and start buying things like tooth paste from Amazon. Sweet, sweet two day delivery.
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                  X