Why I love Amazon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I love Amazon....

I've only been doing this for a few months.... but its just utterly fantastic heh.

Remember when software stores used to have bargain bins? The major chains have eliminated bargain bins in many of their stores...... you could in the past buy 2 or 3 year old software for $15.00 or less.

A friend suggested this to me...... was a great idea.

Why not just buy my damn games off of amazon? Can find a mind staggering number of games for a very low price..... been paying $15.00 or less on average, including shipping, for games roughly a year old.

Who else has cashed in on this software gold mine?

I ordered a bunch of books at the end of april and they stilled haven't shipped.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

alien crossfire for 129 dollars. great.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Yes but it also has alpha centauri for $1.25

Comment

Amazons.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
            I ordered a bunch of books at the end of april and they stilled haven't shipped.
            That's the problem with Amazon. Since they don't actually carry their own stock they just market member store's stuff at discount prices. That means if the member store finds a local sucker who will pay full price for the item then they'll just not ship it to the Amazon buyer and will instead sell it for full price. Thus on popular items you'll see your order get delayed over and over again before finally getting cancelled.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I've never had that happen to me. Everything I order on Amazon gets sent to me within 3-5 days, even with SuperSaver Shipping.

Though I got a free Amazon Prime membership for a few months so I don't have to worry about the $25 limit for free shipping .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                I've never had that happen to me. Everything I order on Amazon gets sent to me within 3-5 days, even with SuperSaver Shipping.

Same here. Amazon is excellent in my opinion, for online book ordering.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Hell, they ain't just great for books . I got my digital camera from there, no problems at all.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Re: Why I love Amazon....

Originally posted by Vesayen
                    Can find a mind staggering number of games
                    My mind! It's staggering!
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I know the broad range of amazon.com.

I mentioned books only, though, because that is the only type of product I have ordered through amazon.com thus far.

EDIT: x-posting
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I liked their old radio commercials where they tried to get space in the Louvre and the Pentagon to store their books.
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Same here. Amazon is excellent in my opinion, for online book ordering.
                          There are cheaper online book stores just as there are cheaper places to buy CDs. I normally use Amazon to see a few listener/reader reviews and to see their suggestions. Then I should around to find a better price.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I know Buy.com is cheaper, but they piss me off with their service on electronics (sending me a bum monitor one time and then canceling my order on earphones because they oversold, and I didn't find out about it until I had to email them).

Comment

Amazon UK recently stopped shipping PC games to Ireland. They still ship other software and books. So I went to another UK based supplier who is happy to ship stuff here.
                              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Working...
                              X