First man on the moon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serb
    The Soviets never questioned any of David Copperfield's flights, as well.
    How about Santa Claus?

Originally posted by MrFun
    The landing on the moon never happened. It was all a smoke-and-mirrors illusion created by our government.
    If that were true then the Russians would have been there first.

Originally posted by DanS
    As for Gagarin, I was not taught his name in school. Sad, but true.
    I was, and I was in school not long after his flight. I guess it depends on where you're from.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
      Tereshkova was a babe, too.
      Indeed.

She married then divorced another cosmonaut and entered politics. By the fall of the Soviet Union she was a member of the Soviet Presidium. She retired from politics after the fall and is quietly living out of the limelight.

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

How about Santa Claus?
        Give us time, we are working on it. One day we'll reveal the truth about him.
        Last edited by Serb; June 3, 2006, 19:54.

Comment

there is a reason santa claus dresses all in red.

Comment

Yeah.
            Attached Files

Comment

Give us time, we are working on it. One day we'll reveal the thruth about him.

Comment

Yeah.
                Oh boy.

Comment

Comment

America's first animal in space:

On December 13, 1958 the U.S. Army launcehd a squirrel monkey named Gordo aboard JUPITER AM-13. This flight provided useful data for Army and Navy medical research on manned space flights. Gordo made the flight with no adverse effects, but could not be recovered because the floatation mechanism of the rocket's nose cone failed.

Comment

Working...
                    X