We Solicit Your Opinions On A Route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Solicit Your Opinions On A Route

In about a week, I drive out to pick up Playful in Utah.
    I've never been up that direction, to include Colorado.
    Playful has limited exposure to Colorado.

My trip to Salt Lake City is firm. Going fast route, which is Interstate 25 into Wyoming, and go left.

Here's our question. Which route back?
    Here's a map.

Playful HAS been down I-70 to I-25. Pretty area once you pass Eagle. Note that it goes by several well-known ski resorts. Not that that matters in the Summer. Still, leads me to believe, yes, high and pretty.

Another choice is down to State Highway 50, and across
    Royal Gorge Bridge. Highest suspension bridge in the world.

So, what are your thoughts?
    Interstate 70
    6.67%
    State 50
    73.33%
    Other, please name
    20.00%
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

That bridge is friggin' scary.

Go with Hwy 50 if you're not in a rush. It's fun to get off the interstates sometimes.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Take into account Sloww would like to see the Rockies. He failed to mention this in his thread.
      One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

Fly.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

route fifty.
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

70 with a detour up 50 to the royal gorge bridge
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'd only do 50 to Tahoe
                Monkey!!!

Comment

70, stop in Denver for a bit.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Red Rocks, Golden... catch a baseball game
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

or, if you're feeling adventurous, take 50 to 550, and then go across 160 until you catch back up with 25.
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

If you go through Denver, take the lady to The Fort for dinner. It's in Morrison, where the Red Rocks are. It's really good, and you can get Rattlesnake Soup
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

While I-70 west of Denver is scenic, you ought to take 50. If you want to stop in Denver for a while anyways, I recommend taking 50 east and then 285 north.

Comment

Colorado - The Rectangular State
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Fitty.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X