Computer Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Problem

everytime I load a game that uses a full screen, after about 3 seconds, the computer jumps back to the desktop. The game does not crash because, if i click it on the taskbar, it will open up again only to jump back to the desktop in another 3 seconds. What is wrong and how can I fix it?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

is it only this game?

have you updated your video drivers?
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

The game is Thief but I downloaded the Thief 2 Demo which also does this. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault also inexplicably doesn't work but it doesn't work at all, unlike Thief which can be played but it keeps jumping to the desktop.

Age of Mythology also does the same thing as Thief but less often (more like every few minutes, not every 3 seconds)

I haven't tried any other games.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

word dawg video card drivers word dawg
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

the video drivers worked fine before for AoM and MoH. I never tried Thief before until this problem.

How would I update them?

Comment

dawg that is whack

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Intel video card?

Comment

Try this http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...=9870&lang=eng

(assuming you got windows xp)

Comment

i downloaded and tried to run setup but a warning popped up saying:

"The software you are installing has not passed Windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.

Continuing your installation... may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop the installation..."

Comment

Just hit continue, that's normal.

Comment

now I get:

"All the components are not installed correctly. Please try installing again"

Comment

Sweet.

Do you know specific what your video chip is?

Comment

I uninstalled the drivers then re-installed them and i did so successfully. about to try the game...

Comment

nope. Thief is still doing it. The Thief 2 Demo doesn't work now. It says "Your video card is not compatible with System Shock 2"

Yes, System Shock 2 though I tried to play Thief 2 Demo! Anyway it was working (albeit jumping to the desktop) before the uninstall, install of the drivers. Now it says the video card is not compatible. how did it go from compatible to not?

Comment

download less pr0n
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X